Customer Service 866.965.0400

Using a PC to apply American paste wax

jimdavis30

Question

So when I bought my product, I also got the machine sealant and waxing pad. I thought I had seen a video somewhere that said you can apply the paste wax with a machine.

I can't find any such video now after much searching. Was I just a dummy and imagined it, or is there such a video?

13 answers to this question

If you can figure out a way to get the wax out of the container, you can rub it onto the pad to apply by machine. Some people will also use a putty knife or something along those lines to get some wax out of the container and rub it onto the pad..

Honestly just do it by hand. If you want a wax for machine application, buttery is the easier product. 

Tim hit it on the head.

You can do it, if you care to break the wax loose from the pot, which can be both difficult and risky (don't want to drop a $70 brick of wax on the ground) and rub it onto the pad. There are no performance benefits though, just the savings on your shoulder of having to do the hand application.

My Americana brick came right out, so applying it to the machine pad is easy.  The new Patriot tins are designed differently, and don't lend themselves to easy brick removal.  

Tim hit it on the head.

You can do it, if you care to break the wax loose from the pot, which can be both difficult and risky (don't want to drop a $70 brick of wax on the ground) and rub it onto the pad. There are no performance benefits though, just the savings on your shoulder of having to do the hand application.

This and the ease of application really doesn't require a machine. There is (to me at least) a certain satisfaction to applying a premium wax by hand. The smell, the application, the haze, the removal and the ever so slight running of a finger over a slick and smooth surface is way better than a machine job!!!

I agree with Mike and Jason.  I think of applying Americana or Patriot like a cool down.  All the harder stuff is done and I get to relax and grab that beautiful wax, pick up some fresh fluffy towels and go to town panel by panel admiring my hard work.

^^Same.  After having earplugs in while hearing the machines roar for a few hours.  It's nice to take them out, put the machines away, grab a nice Double Soft and a hex applicator, put the music on, crack a cold brew, and apply by hand.