Customer Service 866.965.0400

Saving Rinseless

LFairbanks

Question

So I have read on here where some will save their Rinseless Wash that they may have left over in a bucket.  I mixed some up this last weekend and only did half of what I intended to do with it and called it a day.  Thru the lid on the bucket and thought I would use it again today.  I opened the bucket and there was chunky's floating in the bucket.  At first I thought that it was mold that had formed in the bucket.  Upon further inspection it was  chunks of a waxy substance.  Needless to say I just dumped the bucket and started fresh.  My question is has anybody else experienced that, and if so what did you do about it?  And if you mixed up some in a sprayer did you experience that problem as well?  I swished the bucket around thinking that the chunks would dissipate, without success.

10 answers to this question

Maybe the wax additive in Rinseless congealed somehow to the minerals in your tap water?

One of my suggestions was to remove the wax additive so diluted Rinseless has a few more uses, and to up the polymer content for gloss and lubricity.

I do get the clumps if I let it sit was well. I just skim it off the top and use the solution with a sifter.  We ain't gots no water in Cali so I've been saving my rinseless solution.  I generally save it about 2-3 weeks before I start a fresh one.

So I have read on here where some will save their Rinseless Wash that they may have left over in a bucket.  I mixed some up this last weekend and only did half of what I intended to do with it and called it a day.  Thru the lid on the bucket and thought I would use it again today.  I opened the bucket and there was chunky's floating in the bucket.  At first I thought that it was mold that had formed in the bucket.  Upon further inspection it was  chunks of a waxy substance.  Needless to say I just dumped the bucket and started fresh.  My question is has anybody else experienced that, and if so what did you do about it?  And if you mixed up some in a sprayer did you experience that problem as well?  I swished the bucket around thinking that the chunks would dissipate, without success.

Rinseless is designed to bond with contamination and somewhat coagulate it - as you're using it to clean thats what prevents scratches, the product bonds with the dirt particle and they kind of lump together and stick to the towel (ever notice how hard it is to get the dirt from rinseless out of your towels?)

So to that end its likely the water quality - some dissolved solid in your water, no matter how small, will be 'attacked' by the rinseless and it will clump up. Our water quality here is pretty good, but I've had a similar issue when I used a bucket that wasn't perfectly clean... the tiny bit of stuff that was in the bucket was in chunks and stuck to edge of the bucket... even in a clean bucket I get a ring around the bucket when its stored too long as I think the RW tries to bond to the sides of the bucket.

Rinseless is designed to bond with contamination and somewhat coagulate it - as you're using it to clean thats what prevents scratches, the product bonds with the dirt particle and they kind of lump together and stick to the towel (ever notice how hard it is to get the dirt from rinseless out of your towels?)

So to that end its likely the water quality - some dissolved solid in your water, no matter how small, will be 'attacked' by the rinseless and it will clump up. Our water quality here is pretty good, but I've had a similar issue when I used a bucket that wasn't perfectly clean... the tiny bit of stuff that was in the bucket was in chunks and stuck to edge of the bucket... even in a clean bucket I get a ring around the bucket when its stored too long as I think the RW tries to bond to the sides of the bucket.

IT'S ALIVE!! :o