Customer Service 866.965.0400

Cordless Drill

scootertrash19

Question

In the market to replace my worn out DeWalt 3/8" cordless drill, anybody have a recommendation for a good replacement, I love DeWalt tools but have been thru multiple batteries ($$$) in the last 6 months, Would like to see what everyone else is using. Thanks for any info! 

15 answers to this question

I use Dewalt at work and I have Makita at home. Each has the Lithium batteries,both are light but the DeWalt is tougher as I drop it daily. Get the DeWalt with the 3 speed motor, it is far superior than the 2 speed with the plastic chuck.

I found a Milwaukee 2601-21 at TJ Maxx of all places about 4 years ago.  Thing has been amazing.  Very balanced and easy to manipulate in tighter areas.  It came with 2 batteries and they last forever and charge quickly.  To say I'm happy with it is an understatement along the lines of saying Adam's has some stuff to wash your car.

I have mostly DeWalts at work. (I work in Facities Maintenance) I would LOVE to invest in a few of the new 20v lithium drills, but I already have a 18v grinder, numerous 18v drills, an 18v trim saw, circular saw, and reciprocating saw. Then I have a 5 1/4" impact drivers (which are a BEAST for driving screws and lags) and 2- 1/2 cordless impact wrenches and a 3/8 impact wrench. It would be too confusing to buy any more new tow that use a different battery. Then my guys would be trying to hunt down the correct battery for that tool. Right now I have a shelf in the shop with 8 battery chargers all charging 18v batteries. And I think I have well over a dozen batteries all together. Every time Lowes has the 18v twin pack of batteries on sale I grab at least one or two to add to our arsenal.

I've been using an 18v lithium Porter Cable for several years with good performance.

That's two of us, I got one about a year ago at Lowes on sale. It's been a great drill, no issues, done 4 or 5 sets of headlights plus hanging pictures and regular drill duties.