Customer Service 866.965.0400

Rinseless Wash question.

Tim

Question

So, I have many bottles of Rinseless wash (pretty sure 5 unopened and one in use). Why am I so hesitant to use it? I washed two of our cars last night and my wife had the audacity to drive her car to work today. Well, pollen season is in full bloom here, so her car was covered (as was mine, we work at the same place and literally park right next to each other every day) when she got home tonight. Well, my daily driver needed washed - I drove the fun car today. I gave my car a full 2 bucket and looked at her car. I couldn't take it. Gave it a quick Rinseless, and I mean quick. Why do I hesitate to use the stuff? It is amazing. Does anyone have suggestions on how to change my thinking that Rinseless isn't as safe? It is so fast!

9 answers to this question

Proof is in the pudding (as they say)

Use it and see the results - that should be all you need.

If you are still hesitant take it a step further... do the pre-soak approach by diluting 16:1 and saturating everything first, then go thru the bucket use process over that. In that process you're adding time, but you're also doubling down on the lubrication to a degree, thus making it safer.

RW rocks. My car hasn't seen a two bucket wash in over a month. I wipe it down every other day usually with either DS, WW (with RW added). If i get lazy and let it go for 3-5 days, I use the presoak method DVK mentions above. No new damage introduced. If I drive it in the rain it will see a traditional two bucket wash.

It does take a little while to get your head around it ("what do you mean don't use the hose first!").  I am the opposite of you, and more like Mark^, as I rarely us Car Shampoo any more.  

I wash in the garage, airplane hangars, where ever.  I have several customers with older cars (60's & 70's muscle cars to pre-war cars) and they do not like hose washes on their cars because of the possibility of water collecting and causing rust.  Since they are garage kept Rinseless is an easy choice.

The kicker for me is the speed - I can do a rinseless was on the wife's car in under 25 minutes!

It does take a little while to get your head around it ("what do you mean don't use the hose first!").  I am the opposite of you, and more like Mark^, as I rarely us Car Shampoo any more.  

I wash in the garage, airplane hangars, where ever.  I have several customers with older cars (60's & 70's muscle cars to pre-war cars) and they do not like hose washes on their cars because of the possibility of water collecting and causing rust.  Since they are garage kept Rinseless is an easy choice.

The kicker for me is the speed - I can do a rinseless was on the wife's car in under 25 minutes!

Same thing here, my Thunderbird only gets the waterless or rinseless washes. Just depends on how much dust it has on it. I think to day will be a waterless wash, very little dust on it....

I love the Rinsless Wash, I was the hesitant at first maybe only doing it once in awhile. I just couldn't get past that I thought I was hurting the paint, I had a hard time getting the tight areas clean and I still used shampoo on the rims. Then I started to get really tired of the 2 BM during last winter and made up my mind to get some confidence in the Rinsless. Now I find it to be a much more satisfying way to wash, takes about half the time. Best advice I can give is too use no pressure, if the car is in your mind to dirty just make multiple light passes and clean the towel (or switch). I still use a pre-rinse working one panel ahead . My wife works different hours so if she comes home at 9:30 I can run out to the garage and wash/ dry the car by the time it takes her to shower and get ready for bed!

I have had the Rinseless since it came out along with 2 other types, but have yet to use a Rinseless wash. Part of it is I love the foam cannon, the other part is we get bad bugs on there ever 3-4 days. I know I need to presoak and blast off with a PW, but haven't pulled the trigger yet.

Once you learn proper Rinseless washing techniques it is not only a more efficient way to way but it's completely safe.

Honestly if you are on the fence as well as far as the level of contamination, pre soak the car with diluted Rinseless to break up some grime then rinse it well with the electric PW.

Then you can pull in the garage and do a normal Rinseless wash in the shade. This is a great technique for hot summer days.

Honestly as well, besides off road mudding, there really isn't a level of contamination you can't clean safely with it. The higher the level, the more pre soaking, and care you have to take (maybe using more microfiber towels for example), but it still can be done just as safely as a traditional wash IMO.

I only use rinsless wash now. Once a week and it takes less time than a full wash. Theres really no need to do a full wash unless its past the point of being able to be rinseless washed. Plus CA drought hit and i still want to keep it clean.