Customer Service 866.965.0400

To de-badge, or not to de-badge...

chops1sc

I have a "new to me" 2011 Silverado (I have had it for almost 3 months) and I am debating wether or not to remove the letters that spell out "SILVERADO" on the sides and rear. Has anyone ever de-badged and later regretted it? It is very hard to keep the spaces clean and the white paint is yellowing slightly.

I debadged my old Audi A4 and I regretted it about 6 months later. I heard from others it looked like my car was wrecked and it was not completely fixed. I also had to explain why I debadged it when I sold it ;)

De-badge it.  I have a 3/4 ton GMC and got rid of all of it, all the way around.  Much easier to clean and maintain.  I hate cleaning around badges.  Dylan had a Silverado, that I believe he removed that lettering.  He probably has some pictures that he can share.  

I can see where some would say that.  I have only had people say things looked better with out it.  All 3 of my vehicles are de-badged.

Edited by LFairbanks

Chris is correct that cleaning, polishing, sealing, etc is easier without badges.  (If only I could find a quick and easy way to remove and replace my matte vinyl stripes...)

I agree with Michael, however, that debadged vehicles look like they're missing something,  I, therefore, recommend leaving the badges alone.  

In the end, it's your truck.  You should do with it whatever makes you happy.

It is easier to clean, and on certain types of vehicles it looks good......but on these trucks I think it makes it look kind of bland. I'll take the extra time and work around the badges.

Take it off! I took off my COLORADO logo on mine. It was ugly, polish, dirt and wax would get caught up behind the letters and it would snag towels. Plus it looked 1000x better without it.

Edited by Kingsford

Removing badges is definitely a personal choice. I like at least some of the extra "noise" removed from a car but don't think it always looks good for every car/color combination. Even other items like the wheels and window tint can influence when debadging will look good.

Sometimes I also like debadging for the purpose of removing "bragging" and being less conspicuous.

Edited by DaveVY

I already took off the dealer info, the flexfuel tag, and the pin stripe going down the side. This is the most recent picture I have (before the stripes were taken off)

62375E01-F6F4-48C1-851B-D1339CF0824D.jpg

I plan on adding tint to the windows.

I completely debadged my new truck the same day that I bought it. Zero regrets. Trucks look a lot better without emblems plus it's much easier to clean. If you decide that you don't like the debadged look, can always buy new badges and reinstall them.

I would also remove the side moldings, but since you're having a hard time with just removing the badges those can wait.

The time to do it is before the paint starts to fade.

Edited by rshadd

I debadge EVERYTHING... until I start seeing endorsement checks from the manufactures I don't see the point.

Plus, they look cleaner and are far easier to detail. Everyone knows what a Silverado looks like, so badging just adds clutter IMHO

Heres my writeup from when I debadged my 2012 Silverado:  http://www.adamsforums.com/topic/18286-how-to-debadge-a-vehicle/

Thanks for that link, "Doc"! I think I will take the Silverado and the LTZ off, but I am leaving the door moldings and the Bowtie. The Bowtie might get revisited once I get the others off.

In my town it seems that EVERYONE is getting their front Bowites painted black and I HATE IT! Along with their roof racks and ridiculous "squat stance" on the 4X4s, they look like sheep in a big herd, LOL! But to each his/her own I guess.

Thanks for all the replies!