Customer Service 866.965.0400

H20 Guard: Wet or Dry which method is best?

I prefer the wet method. HGG is meant to be a time saving product and using it to dry and seal the car at the same time is very time efficient.

+ 1

I like the added protection that it provides as well as time it saves without having to dry before application

I can't really add to The Shine Doc's wisdom, but I prefer the wet method too. On my F150 Screw, I usually only make it about halfway though. I get the hood, roof, and only part of the vertical surfaces before it gets too dry. I have taken to a quick dry on the sides, then the HGG on the hood and roof using the wet method. Then I come back with the dry method for the sides.

All the Mustangs are small enough, I get them all done wet.

FYI - my truck is black and I live in Texas, so YMMV.

[Two tries to get my wet/dry right...]

Edited by FXR500

I ran out of water trying to use the wet method on my ZL1 as well. Next time, even though it goes against ALL convention, I'm going to skip the hose rinse (sheeting the water off) so I'll have more water left on the car to work with :wacko: It seems like if it's really hot out, even pulling into the garage will leave me dealing with water spots by the time I get to the last parts of the car. We shall see.

Guest washemup

I like the wet as well. I'm going to wash/dry my car regularly anyway, this only adds about 10 minutes to my normal drying time.

The best thing I like about the wet method is the car is now clean, no surface dirt/dust has had a chance to accumulate on the surface, so the chances of marring the clear coat are greatly reduced over applying a traditional wax or sealant to a dry surface.

Edited by washemup

I prefer the wet method. HGG is meant to be a time saving product and using it to dry and seal the car at the same time is very time efficient. The dry method works fine but the wet method is personally my favorite

Do you use more than one Double Soft MF towel to do this??? I would think I might need 4-5 just doing a corvette convertible..

• 1 month later...

The only reason the dry method worked better for me is that I tended to spray a lot less product into the towel.  Using the wet method, I got really trigger happy and overapplied the product.  The next time I use it I'm going to try the wet method and just be very mindful of how much I'm spraying onto the vehicle.

We do the wet method. Hubby and I both have MINIs and detail together. We wash one, pull it in the garage and both take a side of the car and get to work. We can finish applying HG&G to a MINI In about 15 minutes.

Annette

The only reason the dry method worked better for me is that I tended to spray a lot less product into the towel.  Using the wet method, I got really trigger happy and overapplied the product.  The next time I use it I'm going to try the wet method and just be very mindful of how much I'm spraying onto the vehicle.

For me i feel I wasted too much product spraying into the towel. In the cts v video Dylan does 2 sprays that mist over the panel. When spraying the towel I felt the product was very centralized, and or soaked too much into the towel requiring more than 2 sprays using the dry application.