Customer Service 866.965.0400

Must have Adam's products?

Shinoda

Question

Hello all,

I'm looking to try out some Adam's products and need some help. In your opinion what are the must have Adam's products? I've read great things about the car wash, detail spray and H2O Guard and Gloss. I love trying new products and look forward to trying some stuff from Adam's. 

Thanks!

Scott

12 answers to this question

I'll just list my top 5, although I must say I enjoy them all!

Car Shampoo- great at cleaning,great lubricity and rinses very clean

Deep Wheel Cleaner- best "iron removing" and most acceptable smelling hd wheel cleaner

Glass Cleaner/ Glass Sealant- just dam good

Rinsless Wash- all around versatile, can do a rinsless,dilute for a waterless,detail spray,glass cleaner and clay lube

Microfiber- if keeping a swirl free finish these are a must if you take proper care of them they will last you a long time

For me the must haves are:

Car wash shampoo

Super VRT

Metro MB (not technically Adams, but they sell it and it keeps drying towels off my paint)

I would like to add detail spray to the list, but until they sell it in concentrate, the alternatives out there have kept me from reordering.

Scott,

What he said plus VRT and Rinseless wash and some good microfiber. The MF bundle is a good start. The wash wedge is also a great product if you are currently washing with a sub par mitt or pad. All of the products work really well together. You can mix and match things by starting small or go for a decent kit/lineup. I have been buying Adams since 2009 and have not been dissapointed with any of the Adams line. Do you have a specific budget? From what I have seen (see the post "Big News"), a huge product release is about to take place probably for the 4th. You might want to check that out becuase typically they kick things off with a great sale and shipping options. You could potentially save quite a bit.

While they don't make them anymore, the original Adam's Wheel Woolies (not the bent one) are worth tracking down if you don't have Woolies. They're much better than the ones you see everywhere else. Wheel Woolies imho are a vital thing to have for detailing. The Deep Wheel Cleaner is another great one, works about the same as the other decontaminate I use. But it smells a whole lot better.

H2O Guard & Gloss

Detail Spray

Super VRT

Total Interior Detailer

Car Shampoo

I'd say that's a good selection of stuff to start with, but it really depends more on what you need.

I would have to add Revive polish and In & Out Spray!

H2O Guard & Gloss

Detail Spray

Super VRT

Total Interior Detailer

Car Shampoo

I'd say that's a good selection of stuff to start with, but it really depends more on what you need.

I would totally agree with this and add a drying towel, all purpose cleaner for tires

I say you cannot go wrong with any Adams products. 

IMO Start with the important basics like most stated:

Car Shampoo with a Wash Pad

H20 GG 

Detail Spray 

Super VRT (A MUST) 

Glass Cleaner with MF glass towel

Butter Wax & Revive Polish to maintain plus (Hex Foam Applicators) 

Americana

Some assortment of MF towels Double/Single 

Wow, if I was going to start over and get them in order, that would be tough. Here's my list:

1) shampoo, got to start off clean

2) APC, more clean in the rest of the places. This stuff cleans the trim, wheel wells, under hood, anything.

3) Leather conditioner. This stuff smells incredible, and I'm addicted.

4) Detail spray, assuming you've waxed it, this stuff works as a drying agent or a Detailer.

5) SVRT takes care of all the rubber, trim, and plastic. There's no sling and it looks great.

Now your naked, clean, and the basic trim covered, it time to shine:

6) HGG, not in order of application, but this will give you a sealant and shine quick and easy. If you buy more of the list, do this later.

7) Glaze, if you don't machine polish this will still bring out the shine.

8) full machine assult. I would get the two step polish and finishing polish with pads and machine (biggest investment). I've done the hand polish, and gotten results, but they don't compare to a machine. Get the best you can and practice. Lower end machines just take more time and patience.

9) Liquid Sealant. Once you've polished, it only makes sense to finish the job.

10) Quick sealant, this covers 90% of the rest of it. I do wheels, grilles, and random trim/under hood with the Quick Sealant.

11) Wax. I've used them all. The Patriot is awesome, but only my garage queens get that. The outdoor rides stop at sealant and a rare buttery wax.

I just realized that I didn't mention microfiber. You have to have good microfiber, or you are wasting time from the beginning. Make that a prerequisite.

I have all the Adam's stuff. There's not a bad product in the bunch. I just tried to put them in "budget order" if there is such a thing. Sooner or later, you'll just buy them all. Have fun!