Customer Service 866.965.0400

Horrible Pet hair

BitterGreg

Question

This was the worst pet hair I have ever come across. I spent about 3 hours getting up about 95% of the hair, I would clean off an area, come back 2 minutes later and there would be even more that showed up. The hair sitting on top was not an issue, but quite a few hairs were stuck in the fibers of the seat and they took forever.

post-12064-0-83759700-1435594630_thumb.jpgpost-12064-0-58589600-1435593670_thumb.jpgpost-12064-0-11347000-1435593678_thumb.jpgpost-12064-0-25772100-1435593685_thumb.jpg

Edited by BitterGreg

13 answers to this question

They make blankets and things for cars that cover the upholstery and protect it.  I would suggest to them that they invest in one of those, and charge them appropriately for the muscle and time you used to clean their mess. 

^^This.  We have a Kurgo hammock cover which makes the backseat into a hammock and keeps the hair contained about 90%.  I go over the interior weekly with the shop vac and its not so bad.  Also, my wifes interior was bought in Beige, its extremely cumbersome to see dog hair on an all black interior.

Also, its an extreme help as a dog owner if you buy leather interior that can at least be vaccuumed and dressed.

Cloth seats not only are an absolute bear to clean, but they will hold dog smells in them as well even after cleaning and shampooing.  Pet owners should have mandatory leather interiors, don't be cheap!

Edited by Ricky Bobby

dang, all that bed space and the dog rides inside, ha!  sorry, my lab isn't riding inside b/c she is a shed machine...she gets the entire bed

not in this state:

Connecticut law. Connecticut’s law requires that: No person shall operate and carry a passenger younger than 16 years on in an open bed of a truck-type vehicle or other vehicle. However, such passengers are allowed to ride in such open spaces provided they are properly restrained in a safety belt. (§14-272a(a)) The penalty is a fine of $50. No points are assessed.

Regardless of state law, you may wish to consult your policy to be certain that passengers in the bed or cargo space are covered. Because pickup truck beds are designed to carry cargo, not people, there are no federal requirements regarding passengers in cargo beds.  Connecticut also has separate laws regarding child restraints.

What is the law regarding transporting animals in pickup trucks?

Connecticut law prohibits transporting a dog in the “open rearward compartment of the pick up truck” on a public highway unless the dog is (1) in a cage or container or (2) secured in some manner to prevent it from being thrown, falling, or jumping from the truck (CGS § 14-272b). A violation is punishable by a fine of up to $50 (CGS § 14-296). The law does not require the dog to be restrained or secured if it is inside the vehicle.

not in this state:

Connecticut law. Connecticut’s law requires that: No person shall operate and carry a passenger younger than 16 years on in an open bed of a truck-type vehicle or other vehicle. However, such passengers are allowed to ride in such open spaces provided they are properly restrained in a safety belt. (§14-272a(a)) The penalty is a fine of $50. No points are assessed.

Regardless of state law, you may wish to consult your policy to be certain that passengers in the bed or cargo space are covered. Because pickup truck beds are designed to carry cargo, not people, there are no federal requirements regarding passengers in cargo beds.  Connecticut also has separate laws regarding child restraints.

What is the law regarding transporting animals in pickup trucks?

Connecticut law prohibits transporting a dog in the “open rearward compartment of the pick up truck” on a public highway unless the dog is (1) in a cage or container or (2) secured in some manner to prevent it from being thrown, falling, or jumping from the truck (CGS § 14-272b). A violation is punishable by a fine of up to $50 (CGS § 14-296). The law does not require the dog to be restrained or secured if it is inside the vehicle.

what????  that's messed up

yep.  I think it stems from a pet being launched from the vehicle or jump out while the truck was moving and causing a major accident.  lotta fun laws up here...not!!!

back to the topic yes leather definitely helps but i have found it near impossible to get all the hair out of the back of my 04 duramax from the previous owner.  esp in the carpet.  I think it was from a Sheppard and at least one other dog that must have lived in the truck it was that bad.  Had I noticed when i bought it I never would have done the deal...  The kids are easier to clean up after!

I have never had an issue with vacuuming up dog hair from the inside of a vehicle.  Yes it takes time and isn't much fun.  I have 4 dogs, 3 of which are coated German Shepherds.  I usually just hold the shop vac attachment at a 45 degree angle and sweep it back and forth while vacuuming and it comes up fairly easy.  

think that's different try looking up the gun laws....

My dream state to live in.  Connecticut (and NJ, and NY too) are basically a step down from California.  CT is a sad, sad, state for the 2nd Amendment, worse than Jersey, which I didn't know was possible.

Jersey has a similar "seat belt for pets" law on the books now too, unfortunately my dog likes his backseat hammock and he likes to sleep most of the time in the car, my windows are always tinted on all my vehicles mainly for privacy and in a situation like this its great for us, thankfully I don't have to worry about getting pulled over as our dog does not always like when strangers approach him (he gets very fearful).

My dream state to live in.  Connecticut (and NJ, and NY too) are basically a step down from California.  CT is a sad, sad, state for the 2nd Amendment, worse than Jersey, which I didn't know was possible.

Jersey has a similar "seat belt for pets" law on the books now too, unfortunately my dog likes his backseat hammock and he likes to sleep most of the time in the car, my windows are always tinted on all my vehicles mainly for privacy and in a situation like this its great for us, thankfully I don't have to worry about getting pulled over as our dog does not always like when strangers approach him (he gets very fearful).

couldn't agree more