Customer Service 866.965.0400

10" wash pads back? What happened to the 9" pads?

ramflava

Question

Dang, I just tossed my 9" pads and was going to purchase 2 or 3 more, but I see the 10's are in stock and 9's are nowhere to be found? Are the 10's coming back for good and 9's gone forever?

I'll use either size, but I've come to like the 9" pads better!

24 answers to this question

Well friends, what do we think?  We got a price increase on both pads about 6 months ago.  At that point, we decided to increase production size on a single pad, which gave us the ability to get good pricing, and keep the cost low to you.

Would you pay an extra $1 for a 9 and/or 11" pad?   Is the 10" pad acceptable?  Love to get your input!

let me preface this with I do not have a pad YET, currently using a wedge and my last microfiber sponge for the nasty spots. I am looking at the pads in the near future and bring the wedge down the vehicle more. 

With that said, I do not see THAT much of a difference in them. 

Yes it is a size difference, and 19 square inches can be quite a bit of real estate from the 9x9 to the 10x10. Looking at the 10x10 to 11x11you will lose 21 square inches. 

While you are talking real estate either way, I also think that the 10x10 is more than fine (granted im not holding one to say this) is a good size for the average persons hand, allowing even pressure to be distributed along the pad.

I think that getting the pad in the middle for the best possible price is certainly the answer to go with. It makes the most sense. 

Well friends, what do we think?  We got a price increase on both pads about 6 months ago.  At that point, we decided to increase production size on a single pad, which gave us the ability to get good pricing, and keep the cost low to you.

Would you pay an extra $1 for a 9 and/or 11" pad?   Is the 10" pad acceptable?  Love to get your input!

I think the size, cost, and bang for buck ratio at 10 bucks is the best of both worlds and think you guys did the right thing.  They are very efficient wash media and I really enjoy them

Yes it is a size difference, and 19 square inches can be quite a bit of real estate from the 9x9 to the 10x10. Looking at the 10x10 to 11x11you will lose 21 square inches.

I guess the reason that I said that a little bit smaller or larger doesn't seem to make a big difference is because I don't really think of it as which one will wash the car in the least amount of motions.  I'm always overlapping anyway, so it would be more about ease of use.  I probably wouldn't mind smaller until it got enough smaller that it required a lot more motions.  And going larger would probably be worse because of extra weight. So I would probably be fine with 9, 10 or 11, but it's probably the right choice to just offer one if it helps keep the cost down.

I think it is a matter of hand size. I have large hands so the current size is perfect. I can see where someone with small hands might have trouble handling the pad once loaded down with soap and water. Another aspect is people using the smaller pads to distinguish between the upper pad and the lower pad (car position). I personally don't use this method because I get sling all the way up my door.

OK. Sooo, I'm an idiot! I completely forgot that the old pad's were 11 and 9 and that the new ones were actually 10! I Love the 10's and I was completely wrong in my first comment. I realize now that the pads I just tossed were actually 10's. My apologies everyone.

OK. Sooo, I'm an idiot! I completely forgot that the old pad's were 11 and 9 and that the new ones were actually 10! I Love the 10's and I was completely wrong in my first comment. I realize now that the pads I just tossed were actually 10's. My apologies everyone.

Doh!!

Great input friends!  Thanks for taking time to share your thoughts.   Sometimes, we make decisions that are no-brainers....then, we look back and, "WHOOPS!!!!" 

For instance, bringing in the pumps for the creams, like Leather Conditioner, VRT, and the polishes.  Seems to work pretty well.  Then, we included them on the Brilliant Glaze and Metal Polish 1&2.....that, my friends, was an awful choice!

Look out for a plan to rectify that choice....

I appreciate your feedback, and thanks for keeping us on the straight and narrow!

So I'm kind of new around here. I'm looking for a wash media. I'm using lambs wool for the top 3/4 and dred lock MF for the lowest rocker panels. I'm looking for a wash kit or pad that won't swirl my perfectly polished paint. Do I get these or the wool mitt?

Also kind of confused on the wash. Seems to be a lot of people liking the older formula over the new. What changed and do you still have the old. I've used poorboys super slick and suds and lusso. Can you compare for me?

Thanks.

Thanks Guys!  Appreciate the kindness, and feedback!