Customer Service 866.965.0400

DWC de-iron

teamcrossworks

Question

13 answers to this question

DWC to decon is pretty much a must-do when it comes to white cars. It was one of the first things I tried when the juice first came out and is now part of my semi-annual regimen. Like you said Kurt, it makes every step afterwards easier, especially clay, since you don't have to worry about all those iron particles clogging up your clay bar

What's the process for this? Can you use it on an unwashed car or should it be washed first? Dilute 50/50?

Just getting into this for the first time so I'm ignorant here! Thanks!

Here is the video Dylan made when I asked the question about this:

http://www.adamsforums.com/topic/28466-ask-the-shine-doc-ep-2-removing-rail-dust-with-deep-wheel-cleaner/

Episode two of ask the Shine Doc in the detailing library thread.

^Agreed with Guz, I think I saw the writeup you refer to and one of the conclusions from testing was that the dirt on the surface does not impede the paint decon process and it still allows the chemical to do its job dissolving iron and fallout.  I have since switched to this and it works wonderful, decon first, foaming up after the dwell time to neutralize, rinse and foam again or just go right into your wash mitt/pad and clean and dry as usual.  Add a quick claying while its still wet after you rinse down, and then dry as normal.