Customer Service 866.965.0400

Looking for ways to hang / store my polishers...

teamcrossworks

Question

My product storage is perfect. I just can't' seem to figure out a way to hang / store my polishers while not in use. I have a PC, a Flex and a Rupes Ta50.

Any ideas?

I think I saw a picture of the Adams crew hanging them on wire type walls. Does that cause any damage to the backing plates or pads?

Thanks for all the input!!!

I keep mind in a drawer or cabinet.  I do not use them every week so I think keeping them out of the dust and might be better.  If I was using them everyday, then I would use the Adam's method.   You can also get an Adam's bag and store them in there and put them on a shelf. 

I usually hang my Cyclo off of the short side of my detail cart by the red handle on the Cyclo, on the same side as the push handle of the upper tray on the cart. That way I can wrap the Cyclo cord around the handle on the detail cart when not in use. My Rupes Mini and the Flex usually lay in the middle tray of the cart, always with the backing plate facing up on both machines. I'm looking at solutions to hang mine up neatly as well, so when I decide on something I will be sure to let you know.

This is an older picture in my garage (with poor lighting that has since been overhauled), but it gives you an idea of how I keep them in my detail cart.

20140927_214335_zps52f53437.jpg

I've got six machines all in one tote I picked up at Walmart. I purchased a Convoluted foam mattress off Amazon and cut it up so I have full coverage on the bottom and between the two rows of machines in the tote. I also cut triangle shaped pieces to fit in between each machine. I have three machines on the bottom row and the three I use most on the top. The tote keeps the machines dust free, isolated so the don't bump each other, and ready to go if I'm doing a detail away from home.

Something like those wall storage organizers is a future plan of mine Jason, once I figure out where I want to mount them, but I'm also toying with the idea of getting another tall storage cabinet and mounting them to the back wall of the cabinet for a really professional look. 

Something like those wall storage organizers is a future plan of mine Jason, once I figure out where I want to mount them, but I'm also toying with the idea of getting another tall storage cabinet and mounting them to the back wall of the cabinet for a really professional look. 

Just do your whole garage! Who needs drywall! A couple hundred thousand is all it would take!  :lolsmack:

http://www.gladiatorgarageworks.com/products-1/wall-mounting-solutions-2/wall-mounting-solutions-3/-[GAWP082PBY]-1700405/GAWP082PBY/

I love my gladiator garage peices! I have mostly just gear shelves, and lots of track with hangers. Will probably be looking to add a tall gear box in there soon. I don't own any of the ready to assemble stuff though... all of mine is the solid welded stuff.

The picture came from another detailing forum.  They are made in Europe, but not built by Rupes.

I dug around some on the Rupes website (lots of goodies I want!!!) and found this - Tool Holder - that attaches to their modular tool boxes.

0261502c.jpg

I saw the catalog but all websites that have some of those items are in the UK with european prices . Emailed Dylan to see if he could refer me to get any of this stuff --said they need to be purchased from a dealer.

I saw the catalog but all websites that have some of those items are in the UK with european prices . Emailed Dylan to see if he could refer me to get any of this stuff --said they need to be purchased from a dealer.

Did he say if any North American Rupes retailers import that type stuff?

Did some experimenting with my Gladiator track system tonight.

The "GarageWorks Utility Hook" will hold a Rupes Duetto, Flex 3401 and a Porter Cable 7424XP (w/ 5" backing plate only) with no issues. I actually think I'm going to start hanging mine like this.

27B5DDDC-4DF0-4CA4-AEAA-300CCFCC67C7.jpg

Edited by Kingsford

Does that put any extra stress on the lower portion of the backing plate there? My OCD would make me worry that it would distort the backing plate.

It did on the Flex, but it was not different than leaving it lay on a flat surface without propping up the handle (if you can picture that).

I have other hooks at work I'm going to bring home and experiment with. 

Porter Cable?

Correct.  I have a PC7424 from years back still running strong.  I probably bought it in like 2008 when I purchased my Subaru.  I recently ordered a 3" backplate for it and some 3" pads because eventually it will take care of hard to reach areas/pillars and I will have a new polisher that can run 6-7" pads to expedite large panels.