Customer Service 866.965.0400

Oh boy...

chevylovinfordtech

Question

Haven't had a chance to clean up the wife's car even once since I met her 2 years ago. And now I just got sent these pictures after a run it wit a barb wire fence. Looks like I'll be trying to wet sand it since I think it'll have to be painted anyways. It'll be a month before I am able to see it in person and at least another 2 weeks after that to even get started on it, so before and after pics will be a while.

post-13899-0-06994500-1454295776_thumb.jpg

post-13899-0-78569600-1454295787_thumb.jpg

post-13899-0-11040600-1454295799_thumb.jpg

'That may buff out'... for real!  

From a previous writeup:

I spent some time with a co-workers car that had a parking lot scrape.

Aug302014101_zpsf9514a47.jpg

I clayed the area first.  Then used a 4" orange Focus pad and Paint Correcting Polish on a PC.  This after 3 passes over the area. 

Aug302014110_zps68cadf8e.jpg

I made the mistake and asked my wife that one time.....never again.  Now I just use these instances as an excuse to buy more tools and supplies.  

ROFL!  

But seriously..........I think we'd ALL like to hear this one!   :lurk:

So there I was.....

I had remodeled our front bathroom, minus the shower.  Everything came out except the ceiling (although it was smoothed out to get rid of the popcorn), and was completely redone.  All that was left was to redo the shower....just waiting on the wife's final "design" to get it all done.  I had been out of town when she told me that one of the kids "might have messed up the shower..."  Confused, I asked for more clarification (1st mistake).  She told me one of the shelves of the side had just "fallen off" when the 2 little ones were taking a bath.  Wait for it....I asked "How did that happen?"  (2nd mistake).  She told me that they were playing with one of the loofah's and it got stuck on one of the towel holders (see pic below).  Try as they might, they pulled until it broke free....including the shower surround!  Apparently she (my 3 year old) also fell backwards and took out the shower curtain (I have the broken screws to prove it).  I said, "Ok, I'll fix it when I get home."  Upon arrival, I notice the crime scene has mostly been cleaned up.  Wife's first words were, "I'm sorry!"  I was able to get the surround back into place, thanks to a few screws to maintain structural integrity.  But, I'd had enough at that point.  I told her I was going to go with her most recent design, and I was going to install it that weekend.  She couldn't argue at this point, although she was unaware that didn't have all of the tools necessary to get the job done.

So here's how it started.  Note the "storage racks" on the side of the shower:

Front%20bath%2011_zpsmhfkxoad.jpg

Then I had to completely remove everything:

Front%20bath%2010_zpsv1erh2cy.jpg

My say in the design process was "nothing up high to cause any further damage"

Front%20bath%2012_zpstythfm2i.jpg

So the final result ended up with a smooth look, and nothing too high to cause harm:

Front%20bath%209_zpsef6uzfis.jpg

She couldn't argue anything, and I ended up with a tile saw, grinder and tile hole saw out of the deal.  And she got her bathroom finished, and no kids were injured in the process.  Win/win all around I suppose.

One question....................HOW??

i stopped asking that question lol

I made the mistake and asked my wife that one time.....never again.  Now I just use these instances as an excuse to buy more tools and supplies.  

LOL yup! You are all so right! Thou I dont bother with the wifes car....it hurts to see it not get washed for over 3 years already but yeah. 

LOL yup! You are all so right! Thou I dont bother with the wifes car....it hurts to see it not get washed for over 3 years already but yeah.

Lol I think she might be waiting for u to do it for her. I know mine expects I'm gonna clean it for her ,and take it for oil changes as well :). If I don't get it done it won't haha