Customer Service 866.965.0400

Another Detailing Question

csikx

Question

Hey everyone,

I was going to wash and clay bar my car this week but realized if I clay bar my car, I need to immediately polish and wax it.  I don't have a polisher yet, so my question...

Would I notice a difference washing my car before I get the polisher if I utilize this method?

1) Rinse

2) Two Bucket Wash

3) Rinse

4) Spray the car with detail spray

5) Dry

I'm really anxious to use more of my Adam's products, but I don't also want to waste it.  If the above will result in a noticeable difference from my "big box" washing products I'm all for it.  My car is black and does have swirl marks.  It is not a daily driver and is garaged all week and only driven on the weekend.

Thanks!

Edited by csikx

16 answers to this question

Claying will not necessarily mar your paint.  Try it on a section that is not too easy to see - NOT the roof, hood, or trunk lid, but maybe the lower rear quarter.  And the darker the color the greater chance marring will occur.

But your alternate plan should add some shine too.  The DS will add a little gloss, but not like a proper polishing.

What was said above. Test in a not so obvious area and see if there is any marring. As said the detail spray adds gloss but if your looking for something to protect your car and add gloss , I would have to recommend the H20 G&G. The product works wonders. And for the black cars the G&G gives fantastic results to it.

Who said you have to have a machine to polish or wax your car?  

I don't have the time nor interest in doing it by hand, lol.

What about using Revive Hand Polish with the blue applicator? Might not be a full correction but maybe an option until you get a buffing machine. Then seal/wax/glaze or whatever to finish up.

I do have the Revive Hand Polish... maybe I'll try that.  Thanks!

H20 G&G will be good for now. Love that stuff.

That seems to be the consensus.  I just read that clay bar can cause marring, so I was a little nervous.  I guess I need to test a sport first then go from there. 

Thanks for the advice everyone!

You dont have to polish your car just because you clayed it. I would definitely top it with some H2O G&G or wax afterwards. 

This is what I did to my Black Sierra. Washed, Clayed using Detail Spray as the lubricant then washed again then dried with H2O GG.

Edited by BluedogGMC

Their is a video of Adam washing his daily driver and he washed it, then clayed it and rinsed it and then applied H2O G&G to the SUV and did not polish it so I would imagine if Adam did not polish after claying, then I do not think you have to either lol. 

Their is a video of Adam washing his daily driver and he washed it, then clayed it and rinsed it and then applied H2O G&G to the SUV and did not polish it so I would imagine if Adam did not polish after claying, then I do not think you have to either lol. 

Good point, haha.

Good point, haha.

Yep, here's the video:

Don't forget to subscribe to our YouTube channel if you haven't already done so :)

H2O Guard & Gloss is quickly becoming my favorite product. It really is that amazing. Check out these before and after photos my best friend sent me of his uncle's Challenger while he's down in Florida on vacation. He detailed it for his uncle and only had limited space for hauling supplies down there on the trip, so all he did was a quick one-bucket wash and then applied HGG, Tire Shine, and Undercarriage Spray. I will let the results speak for themselves, unedited photos straight from his phone.

Before:

IMG_20160222_120134092_zps28sijpqf.jpg

After:

IMG95201602229515154082895HDR_zpsmfaqqls

Yep, here's the video:

Don't forget to subscribe to our YouTube channel if you haven't already done so :)

H2O Guard & Gloss is quickly becoming my favorite product. It really is that amazing. Check out these before and after photos my best friend sent me of his uncle's Challenger while he's down in Florida on vacation. He detailed it for his uncle and only had limited space for hauling supplies down there on the trip, so all he did was a quick one-bucket wash and then applied HGG, Tire Shine, and Undercarriage Spray. I will let the results speak for themselves, unedited photos straight from his phone.

Before:

IMG_20160222_120134092_zps28sijpqf.jpg

After:

IMG95201602229515154082895HDR_zpsmfaqqls

H20 G&G has quickly become one of my favorite products to use. I have 3 or 4 bottles all from mystery boxes so it is almost a go to product every time I wash my car because of the amazing look it gives the car.