Customer Service 866.965.0400

Alternate two bucket question

rrmccabe

Question

I am pretty good about keeping stuff clean when in storage and while being used. I have never used the two bucket wash system but have been considering it.

I always wash my tires and wheels first. Different type of wash setup that never goes back in the bucket.

I have a new Adams foam gun that I will be starting to use. I only wash from home and have a wash sink in the garage.

Seems to me instead of messing around with two buckets that I should be able to have my soap bucket loaded with soap and 2 or 3 mitts. Foam the vehicle and then wash it top down in the normal manner using both sides of the mitt. Instead of going back to a bucket to rinse and then another for more soap just toss it in the sink and grab a fresh wash mitt with soap and carry on.

The garage queen never sees fowl weather so its usually a matter of washing dust off of wax.

Watching Adams videos on washing they cover a lot of surface area before going back to the bucket(s). So both sides of 2 or 3 mitts should do an entire car.

Any reason why not?

When done I fill the sink with warm water and thoroughly clean my mitts, hang to dry and then back in sealed bucket. Of course I am washing/drying 2 or 3 now but really dont see why that is a big deal.

8 answers to this question

just do your wheels and tires traditionally with a bucket and brushes, pull back into the garage, and about 6-8 microfibers in a bucket with Rinseless you have the same concept, not returning a dirty towel to the bucket.

You probably can definitely do it with 3 wash pads and 1 soap bucket as well, especially if its a garage queen.  But I recommend a rinseless washes for light to moderate dirt for sure.

It all comes down to how dirty the vehicle is as to how many passes I will make with a wash pad before I take it back to the rinse bucket and scrub it up against the Grit Guard to clean the pad - if the vehicle is super muddy and dirty, say on the lower half, I might scrub out my wash pad after every single pass for the best possible chance at avoiding any wash-induced swirl marks or scratches, whereas if the vehicle just has some light dirt from a rainstorm or usual driving, I might be able to go around more of the vehicle before going back to the Rinse Bucket.

You could certainly do a 1 bucket approach with the Foam Gun to keep lubricating the surface and never putting a wash pad back into your soap bucket, and it's something I've done on my daily driver when I'm away from home and may not have a lot of room to fit all of my supplies, but I always try to wash with the safest method possible for any customer cars or my show car.

With my GTO, which I feel is nearly as flawless as Dave or Chris's goats (with way more miles too :P ), I will do a 3 bucket wash (separate bucket for wheels) with multiple wash pads, or I will do a Waterless Wash or Rinseless Wash when it's just sitting in the garage in the winter and collecting dust. Rinseless Washing can be perfectly safe when done properly. This is an older video, but our good friend Dylan shows the technique here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v7dG0k0Aq-Qs​

Thanks guys. 

I dont want to shortcut anything but it just seems that on my vehicles if I only go back to the bucket three times I might as well just put three pads in the bucket and use them instead of using a rinse bucket. 

If I have a vehicle with mud/debris I never hand wash to start anyway. Always gets pressure washed with warm water and then hand washed.

I just don't trust the rinseless process if I dont need it. Car show or something would be different and a good reason to do that. 

Besides it keeps my garage floor clean :)

I just wanted to make sure I was not overlooking something.

Looks like I need to add a couple of Adam's mighty fine 10" car wash pads to my wishlist !

I just don't trust the rinseless process if I dont need it. Car show or something would be different and a good reason to do that. 

I have several older cars that I take care for clients - prewar cars, and a few 60's muscle cars too, and they do not like having a hose run on those cars.  I only use Rinseless washes on them - either the 'bucket of towels' method, or using 2 buckets with a wash mitt.  No worries about marring if you are using plenty of liquid on the surface.  And the best part is I can do it inside the garage!  

I have several older cars that I take care for clients - prewar cars, and a few 60's muscle cars too, and they do not like having a hose run on those cars.  I only use Rinseless washes on them - either the 'bucket of towels' method, or using 2 buckets with a wash mitt.  No worries about marring if you are using plenty of liquid on the surface.  And the best part is I can do it inside the garage!

Good info. :D

In my case I can wash inside my garage anyway.  As a matter of fact I just did so I could try out some of my new Adams goodies.  Only problem is with my heated floors it runs the humidity up and about break out in a sweat !