Customer Service 866.965.0400

what to use to clean embroidery on leather

chico96ta

Question

7 answers to this question

I would spray carpet and upholstery cleaner into a utility towel and then dab the embroidery. If you need a little bit more cleaning I might spray a little into a clean soft bristle brush and lightly agitate it and then come back with a clean towel. Then clean and treat the leather if necessary.

These, dipped in a little bit of carpet and upholstery cleaner, work great.  You can squeeze the excess out after you dip them in the cleaner so they're damp and not soaked.  You will want to CAREFULLY use the leather conditioner around your stitching afterwards.

http://adamspolishes.com/shop/accessories/brushes/adam-s-interior-detailing-swabs-15-pack.html

A bit late to the party but...

Carpet and Upholstery Cleaner works well on embroidery stitching.

I hold an Edgeless Utility Towel below the stitching and spray the embroidery to dampen the stitching and catch any run off. Let the chemical sit for the prescribed time shown on the bottles directions, then blot with the Edgeless Utility Towel. Don't rub with the towel and be very careful with any brushes, you can pull up the stitches.

When I need to clean leather seats that have embroidery on them I'll wipe carefully across the stitching with Leather & Interior Cleaner, trying as best I can to wipe lightly in the direction of the stitching.

Once the embroidery is clean, let it thoroughly dry then condition the leather with Adam's Leather Conditioner. I wipe the Leather Conditioner right across the embroidery, the embroidery will darken at first, but should lighten back up once the conditioner dries.

I own a 2006 Pontiac GTO, the leather in these cars is hard, it dries out and shrinks over time and will tear out the seat's stitching if not continuously conditioned to keep them as soft as possible, that included within the embroidery stitching. At shows, when looking over other's late model GTO's it's easy to see who's not conditioning over the leather within the embroidery on the upper seat backs. The leather has dried and puckered up within the lettering pulling badly at the stitches.

Edited by BRZN