Customer Service 866.965.0400

Heavy Engine Grease Removal

sahls01gmc

Question

10 answers to this question

I've seen people use a product called Rapid Remover on heavy grease. I haven't used it myself though. I just spray with a higher concentrated degreaser and let it sit for a little bit then hit it again and agitate.

I have used APC, does a decent job, if you need a bit more my go to is Simple Green for things. Its a lot more environmentally friendly to the world and you. Make it up nice and strong, wet down the engine area, spray on, let it sit for a bit quick scrub and you should be ok. 

Use a foaming aerosol cleaner specifically made to clean engines and follow the instructions on the can. These can be found at any auto parts store, or automotive section of most any box store. As long as the vehicle isn't from the 80's, you can use the pressure washer under the hood (which will make the job much easier). Use common sense, use the General Purpose, or delicate nozzle and don't directly spray the hood liner, the alternator, the opening to the air box, or electrical connectors.

I agree, I only use it on the engine parts. The little hose on the end lets you spray it directly where you want it.

Bingo

At work on nasty engines, suspensions and fifth wheels we use a commercially available degreaser that is similar to simple green just a bit more aggressive. After letting that soak for a few minutes, just like Dave said use a pressure washer with some common sense.