Customer Service 866.965.0400

Long term storage?

Shermanator

Question

I'm in the process of moving and storing my household stuff in Pods (connexes) for a couple months till my wife and I find a new house back in New Jersey. Since many of the Adams items have a nice scent to them, do I have to be worried about mice, etc trying to get into my storage? I haven't had any problems in my garage, but was concerned when it gets put into my driveway or gets put into storage facility.

Anyone have any experiences? 

8 answers to this question

Agreed.  Am I correct that pods are metal?  If so, the temps inside can get very hot on warm sunny days.  But of course, this depends upon where your pods are located. If they're inside a facility, then you most likely won't have to worry.  But if the pod is being stored outdoors, You might want to consider keeping  your chemicals with you.  And I agree about putting the micros in a plastic container, but don't seal it tight because it might get damp or moist inside and mildew.  Good luck with your move. 

Thanks for the tips guys, it looks like the pods will be stored inside of a building (according the address I have and google earth!) so temps shouldn't be an issue. The Microfiber hasn't been used since last year and has been in my garage since then, so they should be completely dry.

Why are you coming back to NJ?? Do you miss the traffic and high taxes?

Hahahaha

Well Maryland isn't much better. I live currently 5 minutes from Cecil County Dragway and well its a ****hole here...in the past week or two we've had 3 homicides in the area. The county is in the top 12 in US for drugs also.

I moved to work at APG...From November 2010 till November 2015, I've been through 3 different jobs because of contract bull with the DOD.  

The personal income taxes are about $2400 more a year in MD vs NJ (almost makes up the difference in property taxes!), gas is more expensive, it takes 30 minutes one way to get to anything and its not a convenient distance to the beach either. :)

It also helps that my wife is making 20K more a year (and will make even more then that down the road) in NJ vs what she's doing now, doesn't have to travel to DE or PA for work (plus tolls/gas), so that will save more $ there

We'll also be close to friends and Family when we move back to, which was a pain in MD since we were "only" 2 hours, so our weekends were shot if we came up to do something.

So yea, people talk alot of **** about NJ, but we missed it (since we where born and raised there)

Edited by Shermanator

Honestly there is nothing at all in Maryland that is a positive move, economically, liberty, etc - maybe only if you are out on the western outskirts by West Virginia

From all I've seen and we've looked to relocate - the property and cost of living is not much better if you want to live in a good area - and if you live in a good area be prepared to sit in gridlock traffic for everything -

Oh and if you are a second amendment guy Maryland is basically as bad as Jersey for our rights there - impossible to obtain CCW without justifiable need or imminent threat on life (and even then its probably very far fetched), 10 round cap, registration of everything, etc.

Definitely a lateral move IMO from MD to Jersey - MD too close to the progressive Beltway lol

Edited by Ricky Bobby