Customer Service 866.965.0400

Dealer decided to wash my car...

SJC96GT

Question

So I took my recently new vehicle to Ford early this morning to have the oil changed. I get a call saying that its done and ready for pickup. Whenever I arrive I see that my vehicle is no longer dusty/dirty. I walk in and ask them if they washed it. Their response "Let me check, yep! They gave you a free wash." I just stood their shaking my head and told them I don't like how dealerships wash vehicles and that I'm very picky on how its washed. From now I will be hanging the Adam's do not wash from the mirror...

Curious as to whether sealant and wax are still present on the paint though? Or if I'm going to have to redo it all..

Edited by SJC96GT

12 answers to this question

I'd put a top coat of wax - the detergents are pretty harsh in auto washes

Think it removed the sealant also? I do have a coating underneath the sealant and I'm wondering if that's still present.

Think it removed the sealant also? I do have a coating underneath the sealant and I'm wondering if that's still present.

Like a ceramic coating? That will be fine. Sealant most likely fine. Wax could definitely have been affected however. Not that it matters though if you have both a ceramic coating and sealant. 

Like a ceramic coating? That will be fine. Sealant most likely fine. Wax could definitely have been affected however. Not that it matters though if you have both a ceramic coating and sealant. 

PM'd to mention name of coating, that isn't a ceramic coating.

It is scratched up after removing all the scratches/swirls whenever I first got the vehicle. The most noticeable one is on the driver side door close to the door handle. There are 3 scratches that were never there before. Each a total in length between 3 - 4 inches. Once I get some free time I'm going to remove them.

I do the same thing with my wife's Benz. I watch the service advisor type "do not wash" in all caps on the tablet when I take it in. It's worked so far. I don't bother at the Ram dealer for my truck. If I mentioned anything to do with a wash to those guys they would look at me like I was from another planet anyway.

Had extremely bad luck with my black VW Jetta. It was in for service and I asked them not to wash it. It got washed anyway and had a crazy amount of swirl marks in it which did not exist prior. I complained and they ran it through a 'wax machine'. It was returned super glossy but the swirl marks remained.

I won't go any further since it frustrates me to think about it. What a nightmare!