Customer Service 866.965.0400

Best way to clean after a drive?

champ09

Question

I detailed my car last week and it's been sitting in the garage away from the rain this whole weekend. We finally got some nice weather today so I brought it out to work with me. Only thing is, when I walked by my car during my lunch break I noticed there was  a light coat of dust (pollen?) all over it from sitting there parked.

What is the best and easiest way to clean that off? Would wiping it down with detail spray and a microfiber towel be fine? Don't wanna have to use the 2 bucket method if I don't have to.

13 answers to this question

I don't have any Rinseless or Waterless wash unfortunately.

Just wanted to know if dust was okay to take off with detail spray and a towel without causing any harm to the finish?

I don't have any Rinseless or Waterless wash unfortunately.

Just wanted to know if dust was okay to take off with detail spray and a towel without causing any harm to the finish?

You really need to get you some WW & WW MF, they will be your best friend......believe me.

I use WW after every spin in my GTO.

You really need to get you some WW & WW MF, they will be your best friend......believe me.

I use WW after every spin in my GTO.

Perhaps I'll get a bottle and some towels in the MB order I got coming in tomorrow.

If not... It might be time for a new order haha.

How many towels does it usually take you to clean your whole car? I'd imagine you go through them fairly quickly.

Edited by champ09

I'd say probably about 4 - maybe 1-2 if it's just after a drive.

Just remember when folding in 4s you have 8 clean sides of a towel to use so one towel can go decently far on wipedowns.

Edited by Ricky Bobby

Perhaps I'll get a bottle and some towels in the MB order I got coming in tomorrow.

If not... It might be time for a new order haha.

How many towels does it usually take you to clean your whole car? I'd imagine you go through them fairly quickly.

Naturally it depends on how dirty you car gets, also fold them so you have 8 sides to turn to as your MF gets dirty. I always do the lower half & the back last because they are the dirtiest. And if I get a lot of bugs on the nose I will do it very last so I am not rubbing bug guts into my paint.

I would say on average 2 to 4 MF towels.

Save yourself some money and get a decent amount of rinseless and use as it rinseless (obviously) but you can also dilute it and use it as waterless for a fraction of the price

I found that I use about 1/4 to 1/3 of a waterless bottle per car so it adds up pretty fast. I'd rather have too much lubrification vs not enough when I use waterless

Save yourself some money and get a decent amount of rinseless and use as it rinseless (obviously) but you can also dilute it and use it as waterless for a fraction of the price

I found that I use about 1/4 to 1/3 of a waterless bottle per car so it adds up pretty fast. I'd rather have too much lubrification vs not enough when I use waterless

^I do the same -