Customer Service 866.965.0400

Adam's Super Foamy Car Wash Gun!

Team Adam's

Question

:pc:Adam's Super Foamy Car Wash Gun:pc:

http://www.adamspolishes.com/p-385-adams-super-foamy-car-wash-gun-bonus.aspx

385.jpg

Put the FUN Back In Your Car Wash Routine With Adam's Super Foamy Car Wash Gun. More Foam, Not Swirls!

Adam's has teamed Gilmour to bring you the Foamaster II Foam Wash Gun Adam's style! We call it Adam's Super Foamy Car Wash Gun. You'll call it Magic, Amazing, Cool, and just plain old FUN!

The Gilmour Foamaster Adjustable Multi Ratio Cleaning Gun is the best foam gun in the business. When used with Adam's Car Wash Shampoo concentrate, it's even better. Adam's Car Wash Shampoo foams like crazy coming out of the Foamaster Gun, making your car look like it has been playing in a winter wonderland. What a dynamic duo!

The magic in this wash solution is how well it reduces dreaded swirl marks. Simply rinse your car well (the foam gun creates a nice jet stream for rinsing), coat with a thick layer of frothy Adam's Car Wash Shampoo foam, and begin washing from the top down with your Adam's JUMBO Wash Pad (or favorite car wash mitt). Pre-soaking your car with foam helps to loosen the dirt and grime so you don't need to rub as hard to clean.

As you wash, the thick coating of Adam's Car Wash Shampoo foam provides premium lubrication, protecting your paint from wash induced swirl marks. Lubrication is greatly improved over a standard bucket wash because the suds are not watered down with wash bucket water.

Foam Gun Features

• Chemical resistance to acidic or caustic cleaners
  • Accurately mixes and sprays foaming chemicals
  • Foam generating wand creates a thick, clinging foam
  • Fan spray deflector included for disinfectants, etc.
  • Durable polymer mixing head with stainless steel screws
  • Quick-set dial selects mixing ratio or mixing off setting
  • Anti-siphon built into handle
  • Detach handle for a powerful spray rinse
  • Easy to fill wide mouth, chemical resistant polyethylene quart or half gallon bottle

TIP: Doing a complete detail? Fill your Adam's Super Foamy Car Wash Gun with Adam's All-Purpose Cleaner to foam your wheel wells, undercarriage and engine compartment. Allow the super cleaning foam to dwell for several minutes, then hose away the grime.

Includes a Gilmour Foamaster II Foam Gun, 1-Gallon Refill Adam's Car Wash Shampoo, 1 Adam's JUMBO Professional Wash Pad, and 1 Adam's Great White Drying Towel.

Edited by Adam

• Answers 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Done! I believe Jason and crew have already hooked me up! Once again, awesome customer service...

:bow:

I agree. I had the same problem as Esteban and when I talked to Jason, they let me use the "one setting" model until the multi-setting version arrived from Adams. Awesome customer service!!! Now if only the IRS would learn from Adams.

Today was my first opportunity to try out the foam gun. Unfortunately, my truck was already clean, so I had to work on the wife's DD. haha.

First, I prepared the soap/water solution in the foam gun bottle. I know that Junkman has suggested a 1/4 ratio, and I really like to stick to his suggestions, but I thought I would go a little heavier on the soap. So, I went with 1/3. Also, this worked out really well because the bottle holds four cups total. I marked a line on the bottle at the 1 cup mark, then filled it with soap and water.

DSC01163.jpg

Then, I went out and got some shots of the car. It was extra nasty! We left it outside all week and there was a lot of rain/wind/dust. Check out this mess:

DSC01156.jpg

I then prepped the wash bucket with grit guard, Adams soap and mitt and water. Once the bucket was ready, I sprayed the tires and wheel wells down with APC to let it soak in a little. Then it was time for the fun! I mean, for the Gun!

Having never experimented with this thing before, I put it on the highest foam setting to start off with (the "E" setting). Check out this foam-storm:

DSC01167.jpg

DSC01171.jpg

That's some serious foam...it was super thick and clung to the sides quite well. I made sure to get the wheel wells and tires and as much of the undercarriage as I could. Then I let it sit for a minute while I added some more water to the wash bucket to create more suds.

A couple shots after the wash:

DSC01180.jpg

DSC01187.jpg

Also, here is a shot of the bottle after the wash. As you can see, I used a lot of soap solution for this wash. Perhaps the highest foam setting is a bit too much? I'll prolly start with the middle setting next time.

DSC01186.jpg

In the end, I am super impressed with the foam gun and there is no way I will wash a truly dirty car without it again! Another great product from Adams!

That thing is really effective. I find that just a bit of Adams Car wash soap -- maybe not even a quarter inch in the bottle -- is all you need. Just pour a little in, gently fill the rest of the bottle with water, and then hook it up. That mix, with the gun set on a medium setting, gives me just the right amount of soap to thoroughly soak an average-sized car.

On a side note, does anyone know if the foam gun can be used for other jobs, like maybe deck cleaning solution? Any reason not to try that?

Rich

Yea for sure I was wondering the same thing. I do worry about putting other chemicals in the same place I put my car wash. I wanted to mix some GWC with this and see how it worked out or use other chemicals but I think I want to get a different gun for using degreasers.

Yea for sure I was wondering the same thing. I do worry about putting other chemicals in the same place I put my car wash. I wanted to mix some GWC with this and see how it worked out or use other chemicals but I think I want to get a different gun for using degreasers.

I think that would be the smart way to go. You can never tell what some of that chemical residue might do to your weather stripping, black trim or worse, PAINT!

I dont remember exactly what the instruction sheet said, but that deflector is an alternative to the other tip...If I can find the instructions, I'll re-post to say what that deflector tip is good for...its certainly not needed to produce a nice wide foam fan...

I dont remember exactly what the instruction sheet said, but that deflector is an alternative to the other tip...If I can find the instructions, I'll re-post to say what that deflector tip is good for...its certainly not needed to produce a nice wide foam fan...

I have the instructions but it just shows where it goes, so I don't need it to do the wide foam though?

So I have a question, when you use this gun do you need to run the wash mitt over it as well? I know in the description it says to use it but the video Jason posted made it sound like it wasn't necessary. Is it kind of an "if it calls for it situation"? I know when I used to use my father-in-law's pressure washer I didn't have to use a mitt most of the time and I'm wondering if its the same for this devise. Thanks :)

So I have a question, when you use this gun do you need to run the wash mitt over it as well? I know in the description it says to use it but the video Jason posted made it sound like it wasn't necessary. Is it kind of an "if it calls for it situation"? I know when I used to use my father-in-law's pressure washer I didn't have to use a mitt most of the time and I'm wondering if its the same for this devise. Thanks :)

If the car doesn't have a dirty film over it (e.g. the leaf blower guy blows dust all over the car), then you won't need to use the foam gun at all. But if there is dirt on the car, you need to follow it with the mitt. The foam gun is only going to loosen up the dirt, NOT remove it. That's your job!

I pretty much figured but I thought I'd make sure I'm not missing out on some sort of magic car washing device here. Still cool, how would you say this compares to a pressure washer with a soap dispenser? I'm debating between the two and an trying to figure out which would be better.

I pretty much figured but I thought I'd make sure I'm not missing out on some sort of magic car washing device here. Still cool, how would you say this compares to a pressure washer with a soap dispenser? I'm debating between the two and an trying to figure out which would be better.

They are nothing alike. Like I said in an earlier post, the foam gun is NOT a power sprayer. It does NOT power the dirt off the car. It soaks the dirt with soap so that the dirt is easier and safer to remove. If you take your wash mitt and go across a dry car or a car with caked on dirt, you have just contributed to the swirl process.

Power soap sprayers are no better because they cannot remove the film of dirt that is on your car. If you drive your car in the rain and then wash it with a power soap wand, the big dirt will be gone but the film will remain. There is only one way to remove the film. You have to touch the car.

They are nothing alike. Like I said in an earlier post, the foam gun is NOT a power sprayer. It does NOT power the dirt off the car. It soaks the dirt with soap so that the dirt is easier and safer to remove. If you take your wash mitt and go across a dry car or a car with caked on dirt, you have just contributed to the swirl process.

Power soap sprayers are no better because they cannot remove the film of dirt that is on your car. If you drive your car in the rain and then wash it with a power soap wand, the big dirt will be gone but the film will remain. There is only one way to remove the film. You have to touch the car.

A word from the wise. :bow::bow::bow:

Thank you, that is exactly what I needed to know!