Customer Service 866.965.0400

New rubber and tire cleaner

I used the new tire and rubber cleaner for the first time today on my sons car his tires were new three months to be exact had browning applied as in instructed by the videos how to clean wheels I used the whole reagement of products as I did months before APC wheel cleaner and now rubber and tire cleaner , it took two passes of the tire and rubber cleaner and still had browning the suds on the second pass was still brown I used on four wheels about 3/4 of the bottle I just want to know is there a step or trick to applying this new product

I have a before and after pictures

post-14028-0-91769000-1467556925_thumb.png

post-14028-0-77118500-1467557036_thumb.jpg

djavu I think I've seen this post before in the "I spy NEW Products!" thread. Lol

I think its the tires they might have a bit more plasticizers in them than name brand tires. Good luck and let us know how it turns out maybe just a couple more applications of TRC is the key. Then some nice Tire shine

Edited by tjk

As I posted in my response in the other thread. 

If there is still brown gunk coming off the tires, then they are still dirty.  It is not clean until the suds are white. 

It could be the chemical make up of the rubber compound in the tire.  Michelins for example will still appear brown regardless of the tire cleaner used.

New tires have a mold release wax in them.  It is a bit more difficult to remove.  You may still be seeing some on the tire as well. 

I posted this tip in this review thread for those worried about using up all the tire and rubber cleaner. 

http://www.adamsforums.com/topic/31016-review-tire-and-rubber-cleaner/

A quick tip for the others worried about using up this product to quickly,  Use APC and let that do the initial heavy lifting.  Come back with tire & rubber to clean up behind it. 

I do something similar with other products that I use to clean tires.

• 3 weeks later...

Partially reviving this thread because I didn't want to start a new one, but I had a similar experience with this new Tire and Rubber Cleaner. I only ordered a 16oz at first to try it, and honestly I was really disappointed after my first use. I have the Adam's blue tire brush and I scrubbed quite hard during the first application. The soap was really brown and I thought I was doing great. Finished up the tires and wheels, then did the paint wash and dried. Went out later and noticed my tires were still brown. Not quite as brown, but brown. Almost had a scratchy look to them and looked terrible. So instead of applying the tire shine then, I wanted to try another Tire and Rubber clean. So today I did another wash, approximately a week later after my last application. Again, I went through the same process of applying and scrubbing with the blue brush, and after the SECOND application with now half the bottle gone, the soap was still really brown. But once I finished and dried off the rubber, they were much more black this time. So then naturally, I applied the Tire Shine and off I went.

After giving this whole thing a little more thought, I realized that these tires are new as I purchased my SUV not too long ago and that because of that chemical on the tire, it must have just needed a little attention. Overall, now that I've seen the desired result, the Tire and Rubber Cleaner is an excellent product, and I'll need to buy the gallon next since it's so easy to use a bunch of it all at once.

I went through almost a full 16oz bottle the first time I used the product as well. And I was fairly "conservative" in my use I thought. I chalked it up to the fact that my tires were just not as clean as I thought they were despite regularly maintenance with APC.  When I did my car, which gets more love than the wife's I only needed 1 pass per tire to get the same results shown in the videos. I also found the longer I let it soak, the more effective it was. 

• 1 month later...

I'm reading through this and haven't really seen a common theme.  In everyone's opinion, does soak time need increased or maybe agitation time to achieve these results?

I haven't used mine on my tires yet, however it did help with some trim that had wax caked on it.

I'm reading through this and haven't really seen a common theme.  In everyone's opinion, does soak time need increased or maybe agitation time to achieve these results?

I haven't used mine on my tires yet, however it did help with some trim that had wax caked on it.

what I did was lightly wet the tire, thoroughly spray with tire and rubber Cleaner and immediately used the blue tire brush to bring entire face of the tire to a foam ( that keeps it from just running off) then I work the tread at the side wall shoulder all the way around , then I scrub all the lettering on the side wall then the rest of the side wall then just a spritz of water on the tire and one final scrub of the entire sidewalk and shoulder and then a good rince. I have 4 jeeps each with 5 tires so that's a big part of my detailing it is some elbow grease but I never have to do a tire twice in a Detail with the method I use

I very recently detailed my fiancee's step dad's very neglected SUV with 70k miles on it. Pretty sure the tires had NEVER been cleaned besides standard washes. Unfortunately I was too caught up in the work to take pictures, but it took FIVE layers of Tire and Rubber Cleaner before the soap was white after the scrub. First scrub was the darkest brown I'd ever seen, basically black. Five scrubs later, it washed out clean. This is arguably one of the best products in Adam's collection IMO.

I very recently detailed my fiancee's step dad's very neglected SUV with 70k miles on it. Pretty sure the tires had NEVER been cleaned besides standard washes. Unfortunately I was too caught up in the work to take pictures, but it took FIVE layers of Tire and Rubber Cleaner before the soap was white after the scrub. First scrub was the darkest brown I'd ever seen, basically black. Five scrubs later, it washed out clean. This is arguably one of the best products in Adam's collection IMO.

it is a difficult task taking pictures and working at the same time. I know it was taxing but wanted to show how well these products worked

I had the go through 3 cleanings on my tires to eliminate the brown. I keep going until the cleaner no longer turned brown. Yes I used a lot of product but it was worth it. This is one product probably better off buying a gallon....which I have on the way. :)

• 1 month later...

LOVE this product!  My tires never looked better, cleaner and blacker!  I have new Continental performance rubber on my Mustang.  Did all four tires before rinse and perfection achieved.  These new tires are super soft and grip the road like glue.  I don't even use VRT or Tire Shine.  They look that good!