Customer Service 866.965.0400

Vacuume cleaners

SS LeadFoot

Question

So I was kicking around the idea of getting a vacuume cleaner for the car. I just thought of this and haven't really done any research yet. I was wondering what you guys use. I am tired of going to the car wash and spending 3 bucks plus it's always crowded. Love to hear what you guys use.

23 answers to this question

I rarely vacuum anymore. I normally open the doors and master blaster all the carpet. I do it every week before wash so it always stays nice.

But if needed, I just use my Festool dust extractor vac with cyclone. Works great but not something I would recommend for someone that just wanted to do carpet.

Metro Vac installed in the garage but I have a Dyson handheld that works great for quick cleanups. 

But if you want one of the smaller shop vac's Amazon Prime Day is 7/12, maybe you can get a good deal there ?

Got a nice rigid at home desperate a few years ago, works great, but since watching the vids its SO much easier to just blow most of it out with either a side kick or larger. Didnt realize the time savings for it until I tried it. 

^i agree I blow out the interior first with the Sidekick it does a ton of the job for me. Then I really only have to vacuum my carpet up.

And I say buy the right tool once, it may cost more up front but not the long term.

Blowing the interior may work if you're working on your own car and you're simply doing maintenance but for a dirty car you will definitely need a decent vacuum. What I do is steam the interior first to get all the dirt out of the nooks and crannies and tight places such as power windows switches then I vacuum. I'm hoping to add a Mytee 8070 carpet extractor to my arsenal by Christmas to complete my interior equipments

Edited by Fierce5

When blowing don't you send sand particles into all of the nooks and crannies you can't get to?  Sounds to me like you would be spreading it out, instead of getting it out.  

If its nasty you want to vac first. No reason to blow sand and dirty everywhere.  But for my weekly cleanings I open the door and blow from center of car out the doors. Does a great job and my vehicles have never been cleaner including under the seats.

You can vacuum a car with the best vac and then follow up with a blower and you will be amazed the amount of dirt that comes out.  I have always used compressed air to do this but having the Master Blaster now makes it easier to do.