Customer Service 866.965.0400

Getting the smell out

SS LeadFoot

Question

So my AC condenser pipe got clogged and flooded my passenger side carpet. It smells in the car now. I cleaned the area with the carpet cleaner but it still smells. I was wondering if Adams carpet cleaner has anything in it that neutralizes odors. If not what would some of you guys recommend?

13 answers to this question

I agree, assuming there is some type of padding or dampening material under the carpet, the smell could be in there. Also if you have a cabin air filter, most are located right behind the glove box or passenger side dash can also absorb smells. Changing that can help as well.

I would change the cabin filter as well great recommendation there. And I agree pulling the carpet up to expose the pad underneath is needed my old car did this and it was dry on top but soaked underneath. I ended up buying carpet pad at lowes and just swapped it out and bingo no more odors

Use a product called Concrobium. Great at killing mold and mildew. I pulled the cowl off my truck and scrubbed with soap and water, the sprayed a crapload of the stuff down the intake area. Smells much better now.

Also had mildew down inside the doors. Had to pull them apart then repeat the wash/Concrobium treatment.

Truck must've sat out for a long time before I bought it.

Take a bucket of water and sit it outside for a week and take a look at it on day 7! It's gonna me nasty and smelly, and that's what your trying to get of your car. Everything needs to be clean, not just dried out.

Take a bucket of water and sit it outside for a week and take a look at it on day 7! It's gonna me nasty and smelly, and that's what your trying to get of your car. Everything needs to be clean, not just dried out.

And every time it gets damp it will get stinky again.. even if it doesn't smell when you get it all dry...