Customer Service 866.965.0400

My Rupes lhr15 markii stopped working in the middle of correction

PremierJoey

Question

I've owned the Rupes 15ES Mark ii for almost 3 months and just yesterday it stopped working in the middle of a job. I had used it for about 40 min prior to it shutting off. I went to work the paint again and no response from the trigger. None. I tried 5 different outlets in case I'd blown a breaker. Verifying that I had power in the shop I set the machine aside as I believed I could've overheated it. After about an hour off cool off time I tried again... It still doesn't work. Help!!

13 answers to this question

My money would be,on the electrics in the house. I had a similar situation happen with a PC. Have you tried it anywhere other than the garage? How about maybe do a reset on the main breaker box? I swear my situation was a lot like yours. I have a very old house. The weird thing I noticed was it seemed to behave differently when plugged directly into the outlet versus via the extension cord. I'm s there an extension cord involved? If so, remove it from the equation and see if that makes any difference. Hope you figure it out.

Edited by Junior

Hi Joey, I'm sorry to hear about the machine failure! Years ago I had a Flex 3401 have a similar problem, and it ended up being a trigger failure in that instance. Did you purchase the Rupes 15 Mark II through us? If it's still not operating, please send us an email to orders@adamspolishes.com with your order number and briefly summarize the failure you posted here, and we can start the return process for you. Thanks!

Ooooo I love a good fight of two companies trying to provide the most excellent customer service. :) I honestly didn't expect anything less from either. But how cool is that?

It's like a unicorn!! So very rare

Good afternoon,

I have a Bigfoot LHR15 Mark ll. 
My issue is this: The polisher turns off

amd turns off after a couple of seconds . 
It’s approximately 2 years old. 
what do you advise is the problem and solution to my situation? I would greatly appreciate any assistance you can provide. 

thanks in advance,

John Peña 

16 minutes ago, John Pena said:

Good afternoon,

what do you advise is the problem and solution to my situation? I would greatly appreciate any assistance you can provide. 

thanks in advance,

John Peña 

If it’s used a lot, check the brushes. Or it’s possibly a bad trigger. 

1 hour ago, shane@detailedreflections said:

If it’s used a lot, check the brushes. Or it’s possibly a bad trigger. 

Thank you ! I just noticed I did a minor typo in my explanation. But, you most likely figured what I meant to say . “ it turns on and off after a few seconds. 
Once again, thank you for your advice. 

Be safe,

John Peña 

3 hours ago, John Pena said:

Good afternoon,

thanks in advance,

John Peña 

Dylan posted his contact info a couple posts above.  They will repair it.  

As Michael mentioned, we would recommend to contact Rupes directly for any warranty or repair work. It could possibly be a few different things, as mentioned in the original replies in this thread from 2016 - power outlet, extension cord, machine internals, a short in the power cord of the machine just to name a few.

My hunch would be that if the machine is powering on and off after a few seconds, it could be an issue at the power cord connection where it goes into the handle. If you gently move the power cord a small amount, you may see the machine cut in and out as it loses and regains power. I have witnessed this on a few of our Swirl Killer Polishers, so that is why I mention it. It's a fairly easy fix if that is the case 👍

I cannot find any account in our system under your email address John - was the machine purchased through Adam's Polishes? We stopped carrying the Rupes 15 more than 2 years ago, so I'm assuming that it was purchased from another source?