Customer Service 866.965.0400

Best Applicator for Liquid Paint Sealant

avimore

Question

Hi, new to detailing and wanted to know what the best applicator is to apply LPS by hand?

I have seen a video where Adam applies LPS with the Red Hex Grip Applicator but I have also seen the Blue Microfiber Applicator being used.

Is one easier to use than the other?  Pros and Cons?

It appears that the Red Hex applicator would be easier to clean/maintain, but I am new to all this so looking for some guidance.

Thanks.

13 answers to this question

Do you have to use the red hex applicator or can you use the blue or yellow one? I did buy the microfiber pad but think a hex applicator might be easier.

The PS isn't meant to remove any blemishes or swirls, so you'll want to use a soft applicator like the red or yellow, or the grey pad on a machine. The blue will probably be a little too "harsh," for lack of a better term.

Edited by falcaineer

The PS isn't meant to remove any blemishes or swirls, so you'll want to use a soft applicator like the red or yellow, or the grey pad on a machine. The blue will probably be a little too "harsh," for lack of a better term.

+1.

Stick with appropriate applicator/chemical combos...  Red, Yellow, or Grey for PS and Wax.  Orange, Blue, or White for Compound and Polishes.

Edited by Norton

+1.

Stick with appropriate applicator/chemical combos... Red, Yellow, or Grey for PS and Wax. Orange, Blue, or White for Compound and Polishes.

Great to know, I never paid attention the hex applicators had diffrent grades of foam. Sure glad I've been using as directed????

Red Hex Grip. Microfiber pad I found to be too aggressive for applying it. 

I use a red hex grip applicator to get everywhere the Rupes 15 MkII won't get and then do the rest with the Rupes on a speed of 1-2 and a black pad. Keep the machine moving for a nice thin coat.

Let it sit for an hour or so, sometimes overnight, and then buff off so easily with a grey plush borderless. The stuff wipes leaving you an amazing depth of color and incredible shine.