Customer Service 866.965.0400

H20 GG round 2

Ls1transam

Question

Tried it again tonight. I used way less product. 1 spray per panel, and I used a sweeping motion as I sprayed to try and distribute the product evenly before I buffed it in. From what I can tell, it had the same effect that I had last night. When I look at the paint at certain angles it almost had a textured look. It's like the dry towel just wouldn't buff all the product off. And the extra just dries and leaves a weird smearing look. Maybe I need to wring out my wet towel more as I go? And buy an extra towel for drying. That way I can use 2 towels to buff off the excess product, or work into the paint however you want to look at it. I'm not complaing or griping, I just don't think this product is for me. I'll try and trade this to a buddy that uses Adams as well. For me personally, ill just stick to wax or the LPS.

16 answers to this question

I spray a couple shots onto my wet towel and wipe it on rather than spraying onto the panel.Easier for me control where it ends up and seems to spread evenly and thinly.When its warm I might do half a panel at a time so it can be buffed off quickly.And like most things wetter seem to work better.Never noticed any streaking on my black paint.Love the stuff.

Sorry you're still having issues with it John :( 

What is the condition of the paint surface that you're applying it to? Has it been clayed or polished recently? Does the surface feel smooth after washing or rough if you do the plastic bag test? If the surface is feeling rough with microscopic contamination, that might be part of the issue as well. Sealants and waxes will always be a little easier to apply on a smooth surface.

It's also been incredibly hot and humid out in most of the country the past few weeks, so if you have a garage available, I would recommend moving the car inside after rinsing it off and try to apply and remove the HGG that way, one panel at a time.

We will honor the 110% satisfaction guarantee on it if you would like. If so, please send an email to orders@adamspolishes.com explaining the situation and we'll be happy to assist with the return/refund.

Thanks,

Dan 

Sorry you're still having issues with it John :(

What is the condition of the paint surface that you're applying it to? Has it been clayed or polished recently? Does the surface feel smooth after washing or rough if you do the plastic bag test? If the surface is feeling rough with microscopic contamination, that might be part of the issue as well. Sealants and waxes will always be a little easier to apply on a smooth surface.

It's also been incredibly hot and humid out in most of the country the past few weeks, so if you have a garage available, I would recommend moving the car inside after rinsing it off and try to apply and remove the HGG that way, one panel at a time.

We will honor the 110% satisfaction guarantee on it if you would like. If so, please send an email to orders@adamspolishes.com explaining the situation and we'll be happy to assist with the return/refund.

Thanks,

Dan

Thanks for the offer to return the product, that's awesome! However, I'm going to try the dry method first. And if I still don't like it, I'm going to give it to a friend that uses Adams products. I haven't used a bag on the paint. However after a wash just using my finger tips. It feels really smooth. I clayed the car 2 months ago maybe? I applied in the shade at about 8pm. But, it's extremely humid here in Kentucky.

I personally have found that if you have to much product on the paint before using H2O it streaks much easier. I started out using it every 2nd or 3rd wash and that was way to often. Depending on the environment your car is exposed to you may only need to put it on once every couple months.

Well I tried it last night on a different car. Both of my cats sit outside, as I don't have a garage. My Transam that I applied the GG to last night looks pretty good today in the sun. I'm gonna try the dry method next time. I'll try it on one of my moms vehicles that way I don't have to wait a couple months lol

I found that I had a lot of trouble with the wet method but that the Dry method I had great success. Just remember less is more with all of their products other than soap and washing products.

I'm for sure gonna try the dry method next time

When I first used it I also had issues and have finally got it right. This may help, work one panel at a time and check as you go so you can see the results. I find that the application towel can get loaded with product and has the effect of applying to much by the time you get to the 3rd or 4 th panel, by me checking each panel as I go I noticed that the first panels I did were great but the later panels streaked because of too much product. I use the wet method with one spritz,work it in well then buff. I use two application towels,one for each side of the vehicle