Customer Service 866.965.0400

Revive Hand Polish

avimore

Question

Never really thought about RHP until I read that it's a very underrated product, which made me wonder if there is a benefit for me to include it in my detail process.

On a new car, I plan on doing a paint decon, strip wash, clay, LPS and possibly wax, then after a few washes follow it with maintenance of H2O G&G.  So I'm wondering what benefit there would be for me to include RHP after claying and before LPS?

From the research I've done, RHP does not remove swirl marks (doesn't really have any), does not add protection (LPS will do this), but it will clean the pores of the paint (won't decon/strip wash/clay do this?) and it will add gloss/depth/clarity (won't LPS/wax/detail spray do this?).

I have probably answered my own question, but just wanted to check with the experts to see if there is something I have missed or if my thought process is wrong.

Thanks.

After applying RHP with the blue hex applicator and removing the residue with a MF towel, can you start applying LPS straight away, or is it best to wait a certain amount of time?  Are there any other steps involved before you can apply LPS?

Nope. You can apply the PS after removing the Revive Hand Polish residue no problem, since Revive is only a polish and does not offer any protection. You could wipe down with an IPA solution to have the finish as clean as possible, but it's not 100% necessary.

Nope. You can apply the PS after removing the Revive Hand Polish residue no problem, since Revive is only a polish and does not offer any protection. You could wipe down with an IPA solution to have the finish as clean as possible, but it's not 100% necessary.

Thanks Dan.

Revive Polish is one of the best products, but people don't appreciate it!  We use it at the shop all the time.  Great for a quick job by hand, or use it with a small polisher, like the Porter Cable.  I've always used a black or white pad on the polisher.  Speed setting depends on polisher being used.  Focus pads and drill even work.  Revive works well to clean, as well as polish.  I always start with Revive when cleaning up headlights. 

What would be the difference in using Revive vs the Finishing Polish if you were doing a maintenance job that did not need any correction?  I could see myself possibly using Revive as a paint prep before sealing and then waxing.  I was planning on using the Finishing Polish before seeing this thread.

Thanks,

Edited by dpsphotos

What would be the difference in using Revive vs the Finishing Polish if you were doing a maintenance job that did not need any correction?  I could see myself possibly using Revive as a paint prep before sealing and then waxing.  I was planning on using the Finishing Polish before seeing this thread.

Thanks,

If you are not doing any correction, then just use Revive to clean the paint before sealing.

Edited by mc2hill

I'm VERY impressed with Adams products.  But my deal is simple:  I have a Nissan "driver," and I just want to maintain it for max resale value, and nice appearance of course.  Are the H2O and occasional paint sealant sufficient?  We're not talking show cars, just driver.  Would appreciate anyone's thoughts and recommendations.

I'm VERY impressed with Adams products. But my deal is simple: I have a Nissan "driver," and I just want to maintain it for max resale value, and nice appearance of course. Are the H2O and occasional paint sealant sufficient? We're not talking show cars, just driver. Would appreciate anyone's thoughts and recommendations.

That should be adequate for keeping it sealed up and protected with longer term protection.

Just a random thought though if you're maintaining to preserve value, why go half way with it? I tend to keep my daily driver as protected and clean as my garage queen. Sure, I expect more "wear" out of my daily driver being that it's driven more but there's no reason for me to half way take care of it.

My last truck I maintained flawlessly from day one. I got more than paid back when I got rid of it. 49,000 miles on it in two and a half years and I lost $8850 from what I paid for it brand new. I don't believe I would have gotten as much out of it without it looking as well as it did. Food for thought.

Looking for some guidance please...

I want to attempt to remove what looks to be hard water spots on my wifes SUV with RHP, seeing as I don't have a polisher.

Around 3 months ago it got a full detail (clay, strip wash, RHP, LPS & Americana) with some H20 applied about a week ago.  Do I just apply RHP on top of the current protection?  What protection do I re-apply after RHP (LPS, H2O, Americana)?

I love the Revive. My Daily driver has been so neglected. So yesterday..

Strip wash, clay, Alcohol wipe, Revive hand polish, LPS, Brilliant glaze, I Still had a couple of bad spots but since this was my first time I thought it came out amazing. Only had enough daylight to fully complete the hood and front quarter panels. - Good enough for the guys I date :D 

Hood%20Before_zpsd4o0mgr1.jpg

Hood%20After_zpscusagqa2.jpg

Looking for some guidance please...

I want to attempt to remove what looks to be hard water spots on my wifes SUV with RHP, seeing as I don't have a polisher.

Around 3 months ago it got a full detail (clay, strip wash, RHP, LPS & Americana) with some H20 applied about a week ago. Do I just apply RHP on top of the current protection? What protection do I re-apply after RHP (LPS, H2O, Americana)?

Since RHP is a polish and a cleaner, I would assume it will cut right through your protection. I use it all the time on water spotted windows and it works great. After using it, I'd reapply all your protection. Edited by Mariner

I agree it's the best for fresh water spots and bird bombs and yes I too have used it under door handles to remove scratches..... RP is a Great  product!

Thanks for the mention about using Revive under the door handles, was wondering how was going to get those minut scratches out of that area on the husbands Avalanche.

Thanks for the mention about using Revive under the door handles, was wondering how was going to get those minut scratches out of that area on the husbands Avalanche.

It works perfect for that. We also use it gently on paint protection film or graphics that are applied over a clear coat. It’s good stuff to have for sure.

Any recommendations to use revive with the swirl killer, like what pad to use? I really enjoy my SK, and feel I get more of an even spread then doing it by hand. Wondering if someone has some feedback.

Thanks,

Jeff

21 hours ago, Atalanta said:

Hi, will Revive remove DA Hazing caused by Ultimate Compound? It appears the abrasives embedded into the clear coat.  16 yr old bmw. 

thanks 

It may, but it will probably take Finishing Polish to remove DA haze.