Customer Service 866.965.0400

Just got a brand new GLI, what should I get to make the paint look new for a long time?

Kacper244

Question

12 answers to this question

LPS before Buttery. You might want to clay it first as well. When i bought my jeep didn't think it needed to be clayed but when I did the baggie test the surface was pretty rough.

I completely agree. Wife just bought a 2016 Golf Sportwagon. The dealer did no prep on the vehicle. just washed and shipped it. As soon as I got it home, clayed and applied LPS to the car. And I got a ton of crap off the car with just the clay bar. Quite suprised at what had already been stuck to the paint. 

Edited by DREWBUSH

Also, its been just over a month, and I wash it every weekend and its still smooth as glass. This thing is outside 24/7 and exposed to all types of pollen, bird crap and normal Socal weather including direct sun all day long. It wipes up clean each time with little effort at all. 

Congrats on the new car. 

I would certainly want to give it a good wash, check for the need for a clay (probably), good chance a decon would help with rail dust removal, now would be a great time to do any dealer installed problem removal and get that deep shine started. Then get to protecting her, PS and either wax or H2O GG. 

I was surprised at the amount of stuff I clayed off my new SUV when I first got it.

Same here on our recent new car purchase.  Some companies only cover the bare minimum while transporting them, they become caked with stuff and the "detail" from a dealership is all about quantity.

Just bought a 2016 Jetta Sport and I too felt the paint needed TLC. I clayed it twice since purchase a month ago. Had 13 miles on it when I bought it. The clay was dirty too. Just keep up on regular washes, protection, and use the right methods.