Customer Service 866.965.0400

Hello from SoCal

gunnybadger

New guy here from Southern California. I have never used Adam's products on my vehicles. Actually never heard of them until the other day to be honest. However, I have spent a lot of time watching the videos and will be placing an order soon. 

I'm a fan of black and love to "detail"/keep my truck clean. I thought I always used the right stuff and did an okay job of keeping my black paint in good condition....I was wrong!

My last truck was cleaned every Saturday and I just recently purchased a 2016 black F-250. This time I wanted to be a lot more serious about keeping the vehicle clean/detailed. So I searched for the best car washing soap (never heard of car shampoo) and Adam's was the first thing that came up, followed by Chemical Guys. So I started researching the two...both have their followers, but Adam's was still coming out on top. I'm a "research" nut and will read/reread the same thing over and over, plus new information, until I can make an informed decision. 

Well, here I am...Adam's and his videos have won me over. I'm going to have to bite the bullet and take my truck to a detailer for it's first bath since I don't have any of the products yet. I'll fix it afterwards...

I look forward to learning how to properly detail my truck, keep it clean and shiny, and getting to know some of you all. 

Thanks for having me. 

~Shane

A picture of my truck for your time...

post-14898-0-78142500-1473010756_thumb.jpg

Shane welcome to forum!  I was just like you, it took me about a month to pull the trigger on a detailing company because I researched for so long.  Once you get your hands on some products, you won't want anything else.  I started off slow by ordering a mystery box.  In hindsight, I would go straight for one of their kits.  Specifically the winter washing kit.

Shane welcome to forum!  I was just like you, it took me about a month to pull the trigger on a detailing company because I researched for so long.  Once you get your hands on some products, you won't want anything else.  I started off slow by ordering a mystery box.  In hindsight, I would go straight for one of their kits.  Specifically the winter washing kit.

Thanks, much appreciated. Currently I have an exterior, interior, window, wheel/tire kits, and guard an gloss in my cart. I'm a little gun shy at the moment...not about the products, but the price, LOL! My wife will FREAK out if she knows what I'm about to spend on car cleaning/detailing stuff. Personally it doesn't bother me, I'm a big believer in you get what you pay for, but she doesn't see it like that. The other part of that is I'm not sure of the exact process/steps I need to take to get my truck up to par and in a position where I only have to maintain it for a few months...if that makes sense. 

Welcome Shane!  It also took me a while after many weeks of research and I'm sure you won't be disappointed.

With all the products available, finding out what exact process/steps you need can be a bit overwhelming at first.  I have found that everyone here is very helpful and with a bit of research on this forum and more video watching you'll have your own routine in no time!

Hey everyone, 

Thank you for the welcome, compliments on my truck (granted there's no shortage of good looking/bad @$$ vehicles on this forum [i scoured through some of the other sections of the forum]), and additional information. I'm traveling for work this week so excuse my absence and I will individually respond to those required as time permits. 

~Shane  :rockon:

Welcome Shane, I am more than happy to help you out, and let you try some products before you buy if you are anywhere near Northridge.

Bruce

Bruce - I appreciate the generous offer, I am not anywhere near Northridge though. I may be next weekend, I think we're taking my son to Magic Mountain for his birthday. If that's what he ends up choosing [and the wife is okay with a small detour] I can cutover on the 118 from the 210. I'll let you know for sure and see if we can work something out. Thank you, I really appreciate it. 

Nice SD, got a 2015 myself. They def take some time to detail thou, but Adams products make it a breeze. 

Thank you, I'm enjoying it so far. This is my first SD. Seems to be a great truck. Yeah, I'm not looking forward to the time investment, but I know it will be worth it in the end. That's what will keep me motivated. 

Welcome to the group! Nice rig!

Thank you Brian. 

Welcome Shane,

Truck looks great!  :thumbsup: 

I know all about traveling for work............................ just got back from 4 states out west in 3 1/2 days.......................including Ontario, California as the first stop!  :willy: 

That's some heavy duty traveling!