Customer Service 866.965.0400

How much product are you going through?

Rb1274

Question

Well that's exactly the point. Adams would hopefully be able to create a deal that would trump the 15% off coupon. It's been a very long time since I've sen the 20% off, so I wouldn't even consider that making an impact. But with enough time and messing around with some numbers, a 3 gallon deal or 4 gallon deal could easily be accomplished. I'm sure their product overhead is more than enough to cover maybe the little bit less profit per deal, when compared to the amount of people that would place multiple gallon orders. 

Prime example, Dan put together a group buy on a gallon of HGG and a pack of 12 borderless towels for $99.99 plus free shipping on the Raptor forum, a savings of about 33%. I would much enjoy to see a deal like that. 

I would think that if they could put together a single package for a large quantity it could work, but that assumes that everyone wants the same thing. Yes for some it will never work out I am honestly ignoring that particular metric, there would be plenty who would not want a premade package of gallons because of several reasons, they dont need one or more of them, no money right now, they have enough of those products, I would love to see some forum only deals come up, or see some of the larger packages be a daily special a bit more often. 

I def took advantage of the cleaner the other day. 

^This is what I mean. Not premade gallon packages. Basically you get to pick 3 or so from a range of gallons, for a flat price that is better than a 15% or 20% deal. I know adams has bean counters that could figure something out. It's simple math.

It seems from the past comments that Adams once ran a deal like this, but it was a pre-made gallon package. Being able to create your own would be cool. Like the build your own 6 pack at the grocery store lol.

But in all reality, I think something like this could only be offered as a short term forum deal.

Edited by Mariner

I think it's a great idea. If they only have certain gallons allowable for the deal, they could make it work. Most gallons are 40 and up? So it could be like 160-180 for 4 gallons, plus a coupon. Adams could easily justify lower total prices if you're spending that much all at once.

I think it was closer to 130 for 4 gallons. It has been a few years since they had it. I think it went away when they redesigned the site.

The free 16 oz is nice...especially if you don't have a 16 oz bottle to fill with the gallon.

From a pure product perspective, compute the value of the free 16 oz at the unit cost of a gallon, and the allure losses a bit of its shine (pun acknowledged :D ).

I would say wheel cleaner and APC are really the only products needed in gallons - it took me a long time to use a gallon of car shampoo, even with a few cars in the house -

Detail Spray I use as a final wipe product so a 16 oz lasts me a long time - I use a diluted rinseless for most things and for rinseless washing too so it cuts down on Detail Spray use (which is more expensive)

I currently have gallons of Car Shampoo, Interior Detailer, Detail Spray, Glass Cleaner. Want gallons of Wash and Wax, H20, Microfiber Wash, APC, and Tire and Rubber, just barely missed out on that group buy the other day, hopefully something else comes along soon.

Edited by Lee