Customer Service 866.965.0400

Detail spray bad?

Marcos

Question

I let my brother borrow some of my normal detail spray, I just washed my car and cracked open last years pumpkin spice detail spray and it was a pain to wipe off, had to go over the whole car with rinseless wash to remove the residue. Does detail spray have a shelf life, it's kept in my laundry room inside the house

21 answers to this question

I would think Detail Spray would have a lot more than 1 year shelf life. I have some approaching 2 years and it is fine...some small quantities in detail bags that have inadvertently been left in a car during northeast summers is also fine. 

Normally, all of my Adams chemicals is stored in the house year round.

I have just cracked a bottle I found from last year in the back of my stash spot I didn't know I had. It works just as good as the normal version. I keep it in a spare bedroom closet which sees no light of course. I did shake the bottle pretty hard for a few minutes to make sure all the goodness was not separated. Maybe try shaking the bottle up extra next time.

2fords, that's exactly what happened, I had to use waterless to remove the "film" this was 16oz botttle, I haven't opened the gallon yet. Maybe I will test the gallon to see how it works.

2fords, that's exactly what happened, I had to use waterless to remove the "film" this was 16oz botttle, I haven't opened the gallon yet. Maybe I will test the gallon to see how it works.

My pumpkin spice from last year is the exact same way! It has been stored inside also. I thought it was my son not wiping it off enough or using way to much it leaves a "greasy" film unless you realy wipe it off good. I much prefer the standard detail spray.

I had a similar issue last year as well using it on my car that is coated. But I did recently try it on another vehicle that is non coated, protected with wax/sealant and I didn't seem to have the issue. The other variable was when I was using it on my car, I wasn't in the shade, so maybe it dries quicker, leaving a film residue on it??? Just a thought as I remember it being a bit finicky when I first tried it.

Guys you gotta shake the crap out of it but remember there is a WAX additive in the Detail Spray which does separate a bit (if your bottles are sitting on the shelf unused you would see a bit of deposit on the bottom)

the residue is probably from product not mixed up as well but keep in mind the wax additive which could in high enough uses leave a film on the surface if overused.

Update: tossed away the rest of the original 16 bottle, replaced it with the unopened gallon I had and it works normal. Maybe I just had a bad batch or it went bad somehow in the 16oz bottle.