Customer Service 866.965.0400

I've seen it all now.

butchman

Question

I've seen some crazy detailing at car shows the past few years.  Well yesterday I saw a new one at the gas station.    A lady went through the automatic wash.   After it finished she pulled out and parked.  The she walked  over by the gas pumps and grabbed a hand full of the nice soft blue paper towels and proceeded to dry off her car.  I cringed watching her.   I was too far away to see the condition of the paint I can only imagine.   

10 answers to this question

I went through a soft touch carwash once thinking it was touch free. I about cried. Had to close my eyes throughout the whole thing, thinking of those gritty sponge-like things dragging down my car.

Now this would be a terrible experience lol, especially when you're trapped in the bay and can't drive out until the wash process is complete. Not sure if I would close my eyes or cry during the wash

I went through a soft touch carwash once thinking it was touch free. I about cried. Had to close my eyes throughout the whole thing, thinking of those gritty sponge-like things dragging down my car. 

LOL!!! sorry.

Edited by LS1MONSTER

I had a similar experience...I drove 5 hours on snow/sand/salt covered roads to spend holidays with family. Stopped by a huge multi bay car wash close to my destination. Credit card processed, door opened, entered, door closed...OH NO! These HUGE blue spinning brushes attacked my Suburban! 

I've seen some crazy detailing at car shows the past few years. Well yesterday I saw a new one at the gas station. A lady went through the automatic wash. After it finished she pulled out and parked. The she walked over by the gas pumps and grabbed a hand full of the nice soft blue paper towels and proceeded to dry off her car. I cringed watching her. I was too far away to see the condition of the paint I can only imagine.

I was filling up last week and I watched a lady wash her entire car at the pump with the windshield washing sponge. I couldn't believe what I was seeing

I was filling up last week and I watched a lady wash her entire car at the pump with the windshield washing sponge. I couldn't believe what I was seeing

The customer before her was a forum member who just filled up the pole mounted bucket with diluted and Wash and Wax. And that wasn't any old windshield washing sponge, it was a prototype Wedge on a pole!  :)

We must've been at the same gas station, only I saw it a while back.

LT1xL82..funny! But maybe you're on to something...perhaps Adam's can modify their wedge and market to gas stations? At least they'll know there's a market!

Edited by falcaineer