Customer Service 866.965.0400

Patriot Questions

galaxy

Question

So like most, I'm a wax junkie and very apt to jump on a brand bandwagon when I get hooked on a good product...and now the Patriot.

I'm guessing the silica's in the wax will add to the durability as well as other benefits?  

There's also the debate that carnuba waxes attract/retain dust more than coatings or sealants, would a silica ingredient help with this?  but then I don't know how much stock I but in the dust attraction since as soon as you top it with a QD or spray wax, haven't you in effect placed something on the outermost surface and masked any of those properties?

Not that I would go this route, but the Patriot Shine Kit comes with the glaze.  Knowing what a glaze is, why would you consider trying to put wax on top of a glaze?  Doesn't seem like a glaze would leave you the cleanest, best prepped surface for a wax to adhere to with the oils and whatnot in a glaze.  A sealant, I could see that more so than a glaze.

6 answers to this question

Not that I would go this route, but the Patriot Shine Kit comes with the glaze.  Knowing what a glaze is, why would you consider trying to put wax on top of a glaze?  Doesn't seem like a glaze would leave you the cleanest, best prepped surface for a wax to adhere to with the oils and whatnot in a glaze.  A sealant, I could see that more so than a glaze.

Topping the BG with wax can help 'seal in' the extra "pop" of the paint & slight filling of imperfections.  The wax 'topper' will help the effects of BG to last longer - a few months vs. a few days,

Edited by mc2hill

Totally not meaning for this next statement to sound arrogant...but my surface will not need any filling or other masking; it will be perfect and LSP ready, LOL!  My main concern would be proper adhesion of the wax to the surface.  I would rather forego a tiny bit of pop than lose durability in the wax, which IMHO, that's what you'd give up to put this over a glaze.  I would think a wax like Patriot is going to have enough pop itself and if placed over a perfect surface, that glaze doesn't buy you much.  But again, just my opinion. 

Totally not meaning for this next statement to sound arrogant...but my surface will not need any filling or other masking; it will be perfect and LSP ready, LOL!  My main concern would be proper adhesion of the wax to the surface.  I would rather forego a tiny bit of pop than lose durability in the wax, which IMHO, that's what you'd give up to put this over a glaze.  I would think a wax like Patriot is going to have enough pop itself and if placed over a perfect surface, that glaze doesn't buy you much.  But again, just my opinion.

I agree 100%!

My main concern would be proper adhesion of the wax to the surface.  I would rather forego a tiny bit of pop than lose durability in the wax, which IMHO, that's what you'd give up to put this over a glaze.  

Wax really just sits on the surface of the paint vs. a sealant or coating that does some bonding with the paint.  That being said, Adam has said it is OK to put BG UNDER PS without sacrificing durability.  

Just some more to think about....

If your paint is going to be polished to perfection and LSP ready, by all means you can apply Patriot Wax to the bare polished paint, then throw on a coat of Brilliant Glaze a few weeks later, the night before a car show, etc. It doesn't have always go underneath the wax :)