Customer Service 866.965.0400

11 days??

jermonger69

Question

15 answers to this question

Hi Jerry, I do apologize but we're very backed up with orders from the sale. During sale promotions it can take us 2-3 days to process all orders. With the FedEx SmartPost option, this is usually the most affordable shipping option, but it's also the slowest shipping option. It can take 4-9 business days for SmartPost orders, since FedEx hands off the delivery to the local postal service for final delivery by USPS, which usually adds 2 extra days to the delivery time.

If you ever need an order by a specific date, it's always best to give us a call at 866-965-0400 so we can make sure we get it to you on time.

FedEx 2-Day shipments are a guaranteed 2 day delivery time if placed during the morning hours of Monday through Wednesday - orders placed on Thursday with the FedEx priority 2-Day shipping option would be delivered Monday, and Friday orders would be delivered on Tuesday. FedEx overnight would get the order to you the next day except if they are placed on Friday morning, in which case you would receive it on Monday. 

USPS Priority 2-Day is not a guaranteed 2-day delivery in my experience, and I have seen packages take 3 days to make it to the customer. Unfortunately we have no control over this once it has left our facility.

Please let me know if you have any other questions!

Respectfully,

Dan@Adams

So, I placed an order on the 1st and I'm going to receive it until the 11th? Why so long? I NEED MY CHOCOLATE MINT DETAIL SPRAY!!! :wacko:

When it comes FedEx mail, it always takes longer.  Blame the postal service. It's not called snail mail for nothing!   :lol:

I would say, even though its a few years old, check out Adam's "Shipping" video on youtube.

​The reason their shipping is sometimes slow is because they are a small company. Putting good people to work and they can only do so much. I have no problem waiting knowing that everything they do is putting American people and jobs to work, everything from their product development, to the cardboard boxes they come in. Alot of times theyre actually just waiting on the Fedex guy

When it comes FedEx mail, it always takes longer.  Blame the postal service. It's not called snail mail for nothing!   :lol:

I have really only had items come FedEx Smartpost thru Adams.  I thought people on here were crazy about how long it took to get stuff. It isn't the post office, it is FedEx and how they handle the stuff before they pass it to the post office.  It really should only add (1) day to the delivery time, not multiple.  Your package should make it to the local FedEx facility and then be passed to your local post office for delivery the following day.  I have ordered multiple items that have come UPS Surepost (Amazon) and they are always (1) or sometimes if I have another package coming regular UPS it is delivered that day too, along with my regular package.  Or if the neighbor is getting a delivery, I will get my surepost package.  

Edited by LFairbanks

I don't get how Smart Post adds so much time for everyone.  Once USPS got my package from FedEx, they had it at my door less than 6 hours later.

Different parts and areas of the country seem to handle the transition better than other areas. Usually it is 1 day, but I've seen it take up to 3 business days in some instances.

It matters where the handoff and the origination city is too. For example, FedEx deploys in Davenport for me which is east of where I live by about a half hour. USPS final origination is Tampa, 45 minutes west of me. FedEx performs the handoff in Orlando, 1 hour east of me, then USPS literally takes it STRAIGHT THROUGH my city, all the way to Tampa, then send it back to Lakeland, where my local post office will deliver. It's madness. With all that craziness, usually smartpost is 1-2 days extra, depending on the day of the week it falls on.