Customer Service 866.965.0400

Brilliant glaze, americana, buttery wax

K81Chevy

Question

Just ordered all of the above, and was wondering if someone could explain the different uses for them, and the order you would apply them on a paint finish. ive watch all the youtube videos but just cant seem to figure it out. Thanks!

10 answers to this question

The Americana and Buttery Wax is somewhat redundant. Swapping the Buttery for Sealant would be a solid choice. The sealant last longest and makes a good base protection.

I like to layer sealant, glaze and two coats of wax of your choice (Americana is more durable than Buttery).

Americana and Buttery are both waxes.  There's really no reason to use both. Americana is higher-quality and longer lasting than Buttery.  Buttery is more cost-concience.

You can use Brilliant Glaze either before or after the wax layer.

Americana lasts longer and gives you better protection than the Buttery Wax, but Buttery is good too.  A lot of times I'll do a full detail in spring and fall with Americana or Patriot, but I'll boost it with the Buttery in between.  All three are great products and you'll be impressed with the shine and how easy everything is to use. 

Typically, my customer's vehicles get the Buttery Wax while my WS6 gets the Americana treatment.  I agree with all of the above though; get the sealant and use that first, then follow with either Buttery or Americana.  I apply Brilliant Glaze before a car show or before getting the WS6 out.

Thanks for all the replies everyone. So with glaze and the waxes being different, what is the purpose of using the brilliant glaze?

A glaze will make your finish super shiny, it's like makeup, and t will only last 2 weeks unless it is topped with a wax or sealant (then it will last as long as the wax). As said above, the glaze also has fillers, which fill small imperfections.