Customer Service 866.965.0400

Just finished sealing/waxing truck...few questions.

Crossfit1

Question

2017 Crew Cab Z71 Silverado. After quite a bit of research, I chose Adams Polishes as my go to car products. So far I am happy with the results!

Today I hand washed with AP soap and pads, Clayed using AP's clay bar and detail spray, Sealed with their sealant and waxed with Americana wax.

Couple questions,

1. Do you guys seal and wax inside the doors, rocker panels and painted areas inside door jams where the sun doesn't hit? Or seal inside wheel wells?

2. Once it's sealed and waxed, are you guys just using detail spray until it is time to seal and wax again?

Thanks

11 answers to this question

Welcome! 

I personally dont seal or wax inside the rocker panels or door jambs. Ill clean those out with interior cleaner and a utility towel. As for the wheel wells, I clean them with the long handle wheel well brush and use invisible undercarriage spray when its dry and clean. For trucks I feel like its the best thing besides painting. 

After paint sealant and wax, I just carry on like I normally would. Ill use detail spray to try and keep it clean as long as possible, but if it gets too dirty ill give it a regular car wash. Then maybe dry it out with H2O guard and gloss every so often. 

Welcome and congrats on your wise choice of Adam's products!

1.  I don't usually spend a lot of time/effort inside the doors, rocker panels and painted areas inside door jams where the sun doesn't hit.  I generally just wipe them down with Detail Spray.  IMO, inside wheel wells are best served by periodic cleaning and treatment with Invisible Undercarriage Spray.

2.  Wash & Wax and/or H2O Guard & Gloss are perfect for use between sealant/wax treatments.

2017 Crew Cab Z71 Silverado. After quite a bit of research, I chose Adams Polishes as my go to car products. So far I am happy with the results!

Today I hand washed with AP soap and pads, Clayed using AP's clay bar and detail spray, Sealed with their sealant and waxed with Americana wax.

Couple questions,

1. Do you guys seal and wax inside the doors, rocker panels and painted areas inside door jams where the sun doesn't hit? Or seal inside wheel wells?

2. Once it's sealed and waxed, are you guys just using detail spray until it is time to seal and wax again?

Thanks

Welcome to our forum!

I usually don't seal or wax inside the doors & rockers, however it wouldn't hurt a thing.

Yes you can maintain with DS, WW or even H20 Guard & Gloss.

I'll get some pics up tomorrow!

Also, I don't understand what the difference is really from the H2O G&G and the detail spray? And I need to get some VRT for the rubber.

G&G is a water activated sealant that will give you lasting protection for at least a few months. Detail Spray is a multipurpose formula that you can use as clay lubricant, a drying aid, or even to remove a finger print on your paint. Where G&G and DS tend to mesh is after a standard wash. I like to dry with G&G once a month, and DS on all the washes in between. It's really what works for you though.

Couple questions,

Thanks

I'm OCD I wash and wax the inside or the door jamb and rocker panels but that's me:)

I wipe down the door jambs with whatever I am drying the truck or car with, either H20 guard and gloss or detail spray...

I like to use liquid paint sealant about 2x a year and about once every 2 months use the H20 on my vehicles.