Customer Service 866.965.0400

Not impressed with trim coating

hemi1300

Question

Just wanted to share my thoughts about the trim coating, my truck is a 14 ram Laramie and wife drives a 12 grand cherokee. Have tried the trim coating in a few spots on each vehicle-wiper cowel, rubber window moldings, roof rack molding, plastic fender flares, and same results on both vehicles. Looks great for a few days, week later looks like I never touched them and I am back to using vrt on my trim. I prepped the trim and followed directions to a T, scrubbing it with the prep until the towel comes up clean, but seems like it just disapears a few days later. Gonna have to stick with vrt for now bc the trim coating does nothing for me

10 answers to this question

The Plastic Body cladding on my wife's Volvo XC70 still looks, almost, like the day I put the Trim Coating on last November. It turned the chalky gray plastic to a nice deep dark black again. It's going on 11 months now. The car sits outside 24/7/365

2yXPnsn.jpg

Perhaps the coating reacts differently to different plastics?

The Plastic Body cladding on my wife's Volvo XC70 still looks, almost, like the day I put the Trim Coating on last November. It turned the chalky gray plastic to a nice deep dark black again. It's going on 11 months now. The car sits outside 24/7/365

2yXPnsn.jpg

Perhaps the coating reacts differently to different plastics?

I remember your detailed write up when u did the Volvo, and the plastic roof rails on my wife's jeep looked the same with the tiger stripe effect going on. Looked great after trim coating, until a week later when it wears off

Similar results with my 2010 Silverado. But I persisted, and after about 3 coats it quit soaking in and looks great. So even though I had kept it well nourished with VRT all those years, it took several coats of the Trim Coating to work as advertised. It's great now, just wash & go. Keep layering.