Customer Service 866.965.0400

New Member from New Delhi, India

nvk

Greetings Everyone,

Although I am not new to Adam's products but definitely new to the Forum. Just ordered a bunch of stuff yesterday, the shipping was amazingly expensive but I bit the bullet and just went for it. 

I have a new car coming in, 2017 Skoda Octavia vRS 230 (MKIII) and just couldn't bear the thought of washing/detailing it with substandard products. It's been approx. 6 years since I bought a car so obviously it's a bit of a special moment. 

I am more or less a newbie in terms of experience, it's challenging to take time out with the kind of work culture we have in India add to that the conditions are extremely dusty so a car practically needs a rinse or wash everyday! So I could never make a regular feature when I bought the products first time around.

Anyway, I am determined to do justice to my new car. 

Cheers,

Nikhil 

Hi Nikhil,

Thanks for signing up to the forum, and congratulations on the new car! If you're able to share some photos of the car when it arrives, we would love to see it!

Let us know if you have any questions, there's lots of great people on the forum that are happy to help out!

Respectfully,

Dan@Adams

Hi Dan,

Thank you for a warm welcome. 

I have already gone through tons of content on the forum. I almost feel bad about posting my questions, lot of newbie threads out there so I just have to keep searching for whatever I have in mind. 

Car pictures will most definitely be shared once it arrives! 

Looking forward to being a part of the community.

- Nikhil 

From one relative newbie to another, welcome to the forum.

Don't be bashful with regards to your questions, even if they were answered in a previous post. The only silly question, is the one left un-asked.

Would like to see pic's of your new car as well as around your town. As someone who has never been to a diff country I find seeing and learning about differing cultures interesting.

Welcome to the forums!  Agree only the unasked questions are the silly ones.  I find for dusty conditions that the ceramic coat is great, as it allows you to do a quick rinse/wash with less chance of scratching.  Plus it helps protect better than just wax when a "dust storm" comes by.

Hi, welcome.  I have spent time in cars in India from New Delhi and also in Pune and Mumbai.  You are a brave soul for bringing a 2017 into that mix!  Something that I learned being driven around there that the US people on this forum will find interesting (I hope I get this right - please correct me if it is misleading!).  There is no concept of liability insurance.  Everyone has to have insurance but your insurance is for you (what we call comprehensive here).  So WHEN (not IF based on my driving experiences there) you get in a little fender bender - your insurance is for your damage, the other driver for his or her vehicle.  I asked about pedestrians and got a blank stare...

Intersections in India are like rivers of flotsam and jetsam.  The smaller pieces float to the front while you wait to proceed.  trucks in the back, then cars, then tuk tuks, then motorcycles, then scooters then bicycles.   It's like every intersection in an artery having a coronary!  I loved seeing all the scooters so much when I visited about ten years ago that I got a Vespa here at home.  Bajaj there, Vespa here - kind of...

Welcome to the forum Nikhil :welcomebanner: .  Don't be afraid to ask your questions.  The group is happy to help anyone find the shine!

Thanks! After reading all the message I am definitely going to start a new thread :)

From one relative newbie to another, welcome to the forum.

Don't be bashful with regards to your questions, even if they were answered in a previous post. The only silly question, is the one left un-asked.

Would like to see pic's of your new car as well as around your town. As someone who has never been to a diff country I find seeing and learning about differing cultures interesting.

Thanks a ton! What a relief to hear this. Will surely be posting pics, car ETA is approx. 2 weeks. 

Welcome to the forums!  Agree only the unasked questions are the silly ones.  I find for dusty conditions that the ceramic coat is great, as it allows you to do a quick rinse/wash with less chance of scratching.  Plus it helps protect better than just wax when a "dust storm" comes by.

Thank you! Yes, I have been reading up about ceramic coating, haven't included that in my order though. Just thought of strip wash, clay, polish, seal, glaze and wax based on my whatever I found here on Adam's Forums. 

Welcome Nikhil!

Thank you! 

Hi, welcome.  I have spent time in cars in India from New Delhi and also in Pune and Mumbai.  You are a brave soul for bringing a 2017 into that mix!  Something that I learned being driven around there that the US people on this forum will find interesting (I hope I get this right - please correct me if it is misleading!).  There is no concept of liability insurance.  Everyone has to have insurance but your insurance is for you (what we call comprehensive here).  So WHEN (not IF based on my driving experiences there) you get in a little fender bender - your insurance is for your damage, the other driver for his or her vehicle.  I asked about pedestrians and got a blank stare...

Intersections in India are like rivers of flotsam and jetsam.  The smaller pieces float to the front while you wait to proceed.  trucks in the back, then cars, then tuk tuks, then motorcycles, then scooters then bicycles.   It's like every intersection in an artery having a coronary!  I loved seeing all the scooters so much when I visited about ten years ago that I got a Vespa here at home.  Bajaj there, Vespa here - kind of...

Hi, Thank you! 

It's quite interesting that you brought this up, the general understanding of insurance remains to be what you said, that is, my insurance just covers me and my car. However, I know that there is certain coverage included for any passengers in your car as well.

But I think things have changed now and 3rd party coverage is now included in what is known as Comprehensive coverage in India. Your post prompted me to call and enquire and the response I got was same as what you have written, but I did some online research and found out that in case of 3rd party damage then any damage/loss to a person or property is covered to a certain limit. 

I will surely be looking into this a lot more. In most cases people just settle for cash or the at fault party apologises profusely until apology is accepted. Insurance is definitely not the go to option in most cases for the not at fault party. 

Welcome to the forum! 

:welcomebanner: Nikhil

Welcome, Nikhil! With Adam's, we'll likely see the shine off that new car halfway around the globe! B)

Thanks guys! Feeling great with all the warm welcomes here. 

Looking forward to sharing my detailing journey with all of you.  :D

Welcome

Thank you! 

Welcome to the forum Nikhil!  I have to admit, I had to look that car up.  Very nice!   :welcomebanner:  :welcomebanner:

Thanks! I am really looking forward to, that engine is suppose to be glorious!  :D