Customer Service 866.965.0400

Work platforms on sale!

mc2hill

Question

It is that time year again - work platforms are on sale!  I have seen the Werner Work Platform (20" tall, 225 lb. load capacity) at $19.97 in the sales flyer.  This year Home Depot has a Gorilla Work Platform for $28.98, with same height, but the load capacity is 300 lb.  I am tempted to pick up the Gorilla to have a 2nd one, and it folds flatter too. 

2 hours ago, 8675309'SS said:

I have one of these on my wish list.  Where did you see the Werner platform on sale for that price?  Please PM me if it can't be posted here due to forum rules.  Ty ! 

Sorry the Werner is at Lowe's

21 hours ago, mc2hill said:

It is that time year again - work platforms are on sale!  I have seen the Werner Work Platform (20" tall, 225 lb. load capacity) at $19.97 in the sales flyer.  This year Home Depot has a Gorilla Work Platform for $28.98, with same height, but the load capacity is 300 lb.  I am tempted to pick up the Gorilla to have a 2nd one, and it folds flatter too. 

I might have to pick up one of the Gorilla platforms? I'm exceeding the weight limit on my Werner!

I took my own advice and picked on of the Gorilla work platforms at Home Depot today forth sale price.  It did not ring on sale, but the cashier gave me the sale price.  I will let my wife 'give' it to me for Christmas!

I went and looked at the Gorilla--as said above, it folds less than half the size of the Werner.  

It was marked at $69 in the store.   I showed them the online price and the guy at the desk actually said "holy **** that's a deal...."

I'm not crapping on Werner, but the Gorilla looks a lot nicer (and slimmer) for $8 more (and you don't have to deal with the kooks on Black Friday)

Just keep this in mind. You’re standing several feet above the ground not really paying attention on where you’re feet are going, do you really want something smaller to be standing on? 

Id much rather have a 24” wide platform than a 12” platform. My foot is literally wider than that, there’s no way I’d risk taking a spill because I was concerned about the folded up size...especially because the thickness is what matters more and is the same between the two 

Personally I have tried the work platforms and think that they have their place, if you want more stability granted at a higher cost check these out. 

I have a set of them in black and it is really easy to move them around and no concerns for wet feat. 

https://www.zoro.com/dpi-step-stand-2-steps-polyethylene-yellow-st217-14/i/G9995684/

6 hours ago, mc2hill said:

I took my own advice and picked on of the Gorilla work platforms at Home Depot today forth sale price.  It did not ring on sale, but the cashier gave me the sale price.  I will let my wife 'give' it to me for Christmas!

I picked one of these up as well. For the money this is a great buy. Sure beats a bucket or standing on my tire and quality is pretty decent imo. I might get a sheet of grip tape for it, just for safety. 

Edited by Red Rambler

2 hours ago, TexWalker said:

Just keep this in mind. You’re standing several feet above the ground not really paying attention on where you’re feet are going, do you really want something smaller to be standing on? 

Id much rather have a 24” wide platform than a 12” platform. My foot is literally wider than that, there’s no way I’d risk taking a spill because I was concerned about the folded up size...especially because the thickness is what matters more and is the same between the two 

Sure beats the 4-5" ladder step I'm currently using!

Never considered one of these before but am going to swing by HD to check them out.

2 hours ago, TexWalker said:

I stood on the Gorilla (12" wide) at Home Depot today--I didn't feel like it was particularly narrow at all--and that was with size 13 hikers on.  Of course, all of our perceptions will be different, but it felt solid to me. 

i can't imagine one double that width.

10 hours ago, Red Rambler said:

I picked one of these up as well. For the money this is a great buy. Sure beats a bucket or standing on my tire and quality is pretty decent imo. I might get a sheet of grip tape for it, just for safety. 

That's what I did for my Werner. I picked up some 3m skid tape to put on the platform for added traction it my shoes are wet. Also these platforms are about the right height to just sit on when working on side panels.

23 hours ago, BG SQ5 said:

Sure beats the 4-5" ladder step I'm currently using!

Never considered one of these before but am going to swing by HD to check them out.

Well, yeah. A punch to the gut is light years better than a kick to the nuts, but I’d rather have neither. 

Check them out, but I’m confident in my decision that wider is better

23 hours ago, funkymonkey1111 said:

I stood on the Gorilla (12" wide) at Home Depot today--I didn't feel like it was particularly narrow at all--and that was with size 13 hikers on.  Of course, all of our perceptions will be different, but it felt solid to me. 

i can't imagine one double that width.

You were standing on it in the store, paying attention. When you’re leaning out buffing the hood or scrubbing the windshield or walking down the thing as your waxing the roof, you’re not paying near as much attention to your feet as you are in the store. 

To each their own, if the 12” works for you, that’s awesome! I just know that I’d hate to fall off and hurt myself and it could have been prevented bu having a little more space to walk on. 

On 11/21/2017 at 8:20 PM, TexWalker said:

Do you have a 12" or 24" platform? 

12 hours ago, TexWalker said:

You were standing on it in the store, paying attention. When you’re leaning out buffing the hood or scrubbing the windshield or walking down the thing as your waxing the roof, you’re not paying near as much attention to your feet as you are in the store. 

To each their own, if the 12” works for you, that’s awesome! I just know that I’d hate to fall off and hurt myself and it could have been prevented bu having a little more space to walk on. 

That's very true.   Time will tell how it works out.   While it's not 24", Gorilla does sell one that's available at Home Depot that's 14" wide.   That might work out for you if you want one a little wider and don't insist on 24"