Customer Service 866.965.0400

New to forum & in need of a swirl killer new or used

Twalsh1103

Hey everyone,

I am brand new to this forum and not very experienced with forums in general. Also, I am in major need of a 15 mm Adam's swirl killer because I currently have a Rupes 21 mm ES and although it is great, the throw is obviously so big, I could use a smaller throw to get other areas of my car when the 21 gets inconvenient. I mean I do have a Harbor freight but 1. I think it's an 8 mm and 2. It's the biggest piece of trash I have ever seen. Using proven 3M compound, Hex Logic Medium-Heavy foam cutting pad, and god knows how many passes with ample pressure....this thing could not take out 30% of the scratches & swirls. 

I like the idea of a 15 because it can slot right in between the 21 mm Rupes & the 8 mm Piece of garbage I may find random uses for. I'll probably pick up the swirl killer mini eventually to get those pillars and stuff more easily, and then I can gladly drop my harbor freight out of a 25 story window into a fire pit :)

Please let me know if you would like to get rid of yours at a decent price!!! (15 mm or swirl killer mini) Or if anyone you know may be looking to get rid of theirs!

Just letting you know before pitching me an offer, I can get a brand new 15 mm swirl killer for $171.75 and a swirl killer mini for $112.50 through a detailing connect I have. So if your going to throw me an offer it obviously has to be less than either one of those prices!!!

What size backing plate are you using on the HF polisher?  I have a PC, and found it works best with a 5" backing plat and thinner pads.  That being said,  the long throw polishers are a huge improvement, and the 15 is the sweet spot.  You could put a 3" backing plate on the HF and use it for tight areas.  

10 hours ago, mc2hill said:

What size backing plate are you using on the HF polisher?  I have a PC, and found it works best with a 5" backing plat and thinner pads.  That being said,  the long throw polishers are a huge improvement, and the 15 is the sweet spot.  You could put a 3" backing plate on the HF and use it for tight areas.  

Thank you for the information, I actually was not aware of that. I could definitely try that out. I generally just don't like the machine though because how much it vibrates and how loud it is. But before completely knocking it, I suppose that can be an option. 

13 hours ago, shane@detailedreflections said:

Sounds like you already found a great deal. I’m not sure why you haven’t jumped on it?

Get both and be done with it. The mini has a ton of uses and is a great addition. 

Only reasons i haven't jumped on it are because since I have those 2 others I figured perhaps there's a way to make them work a bit better since I am only decently experienced with polishing. I noticed there are many life hacks to things, and detailing is a place where life hacks are everywhere. For example, I was a bit bummed when I had gotten the Rupes ES because the mark 2 came out soon after. But then I learned from a friend that you can take out the heat shield and put a spacer in and it will prevent the machine from bogging down by alot, which helps make up for part of the fact that the mark 2's motor has 30% more power. But, I am absolutely addicted to detailing and have grown to love adams so I will likely buy the 15 mm mystery bucket if it appears again next year.

On 12/8/2017 at 8:51 AM, falcaineer said:

First, welcome! Second, I agree with both Joe and Shane above...go with the known knowns and just buy those. Doubt you'll find someone on here willing to part with either for such a deal unless they are trying to get out of the Adam's addiction!

I don’t know how this happens, but my posts keep getting deleted some how, did I say something horrible to offended someone again? Or is someone F'ing with me? I don’t see my post here is it deleted or some thing? Please let me know?

5 hours ago, ocdrifter said:

I don’t know how this happens, but my posts keep getting deleted some how, did I say something horrible to offended someone again? Or is someone F'ing with me? I don’t see my post here is it deleted or some thing? Please let me know?

I know your post was there for a while.   I read it and also believe I posted  a "like" reaction.   

8 hours ago, ocdrifter said:

I can't imagine why.  :lol:

As for your comment, it was a bit too rude and the mods felt it wasn't necessary. 

But me, I'm just messing with ya.  In good fun, so don't take it wrong. :2thumbs:

Twalsh.............welcome to the forum!  :welcomebanner:

4 hours ago, ZMAN024 said:

I know your post was there for a while.   I read it and also believe I posted  a "like" reaction.   

Im just wondering who rude I was lol, most people think I’m really bad but others think I’m a saint ?, I know for all my bad deeds I try to do minimal two good ones.