Customer Service 866.965.0400

New hobby detailer from Long Island

Editguy

Hello everyone, my name is Bill and I'm a video editor by profession. I just got my first new car in 15 years, a white Acura TLX with pinstripes. I was totally unhappy with the way the car looked after my wife took it for it's first cleaning and decided I wasn't going to be happy unless I detailed the car myself. I did some research online and decided to go all in on the Adam's line of products after watching the videos. I only have daily drivers and they both sit outside. I'm in the process of trying to make room to get the Acura in the garage but it's going to be a tight squeeze, particularly in the winter when the snowblower makes it's way back into the garage. Anyway, my wife's not happy with the $700+ I just dropped on this new hobby/addiction (and I didn't buy polishing gear yet yikes!) but I consider an investment as I tend to keep my cars a while. I'm excited to get started and will see you over in the General forum with all my noob questions :)

IMG_0202 - Copy.JPG

Welcome Bill,  that is an absolutely gorgeous Acura!  

You've definitely come to the right place to keep her looking sharp for a long time!

Jeez if my wife only knew how much I spent on Adam’s... ?‍♂️

If you didnt already spend that much, I would have definitely recommended the “ultimate kit”  its pretty much one of everything.  But it sounds like you are well on your way.  Keep an eye out for sales, like the current one and also kits will save you a whole lot!

Thanks Nick. I basically bought a few kits starting with the essential detail kit and a few other add-ons. I took advantage of the summer sale and the current 4th of July sale. I'll probably hit a fall sale for a nice polishing set up to prep the cars for winter.

Welcome aboard, Bill. :welcomebanner:.  Nick gave great advice.  The kits are the way to go.  Once you find the products you use most often, you'll want to pick up some gallon refills and a funnel.  Adam's runs a great sale where you buy a gallon and get a free 16oz of most products.  Couple that with 15% off and free shipping, and you can't go wrong.   Another suggested purchase would be "The Stack".  These are my favorite "go to" for just about everything.               Oh, and just explain to your wife how much money you'll save on car washes now.  :lol:

The Stack: Adam's Borderless Gray Towel 24 Pack

Regular Price: $215.76

Sale $114.99

Welcome aboard!  Love the car and color.  I love the TLX but they dont offer it in 6 speed manuaL (yet, possible type R gonna be released).  

I just became an addict a few months agonas well.  I have simlar colored Acura. I completed a full correction with the SK kit and then used the new CC kit on both.  Your gonna love the Adams products on your car. I think i have everything. All works well on that color. 

Enjoy. 80400E02-BD5F-4E90-83F0-8B46A8BF1D6C.thumb.jpeg.bc66e5b8c8fa4a05e8403a5042e279a6.jpeg

On 7/2/2018 at 12:09 AM, Editguy said:

Thanks Nick. I basically bought a few kits starting with the essential detail kit and a few other add-ons. I took advantage of the summer sale and the current 4th of July sale. I'll probably hit a fall sale for a nice polishing set up to prep the cars for winter.

You can always give me a shout if you don't wind up buying a polisher kit! I'm on long island as well and have spent more than I care to admit on Adam's polishes equipment/products in a 5 month period. I'm fully stocked and willing to lend a helping hand :)

On 7/2/2018 at 8:08 AM, ZMAN024 said:

Welcome aboard, Bill. :welcomebanner:.  Nick gave great advice.  The kits are the way to go.  Once you find the products you use most often, you'll want to pick up some gallon refills and a funnel.  Adam's runs a great sale where you buy a gallon and get a free 16oz of most products.  Couple that with 15% off and free shipping, and you can't go wrong.   Another suggested purchase would be "The Stack".  These are my favorite "go to" for just about everything.               Oh, and just explain to your wife how much money you'll save on car washes now.  :lol:

Regular Price: $215.76

Sale $114.99

I found a super crazy deal on these towels on Amazon. They arrived today and look like the real deal in Adams packaging. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07DXCVKCQ/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

9 hours ago, cwp2016nd said:

You can always give me a shout if you don't wind up buying a polisher kit! I'm on long island as well and have spent more than I care to admit on Adam's polishes equipment/products in a 5 month period. I'm fully stocked and willing to lend a helping hand :)

Thank you Ian. Just finished my first detail and spent even more money when I was done stocking up on gallon refills. My wife is going to freak out, hopefully she will see I'm saving money in the long run.