Customer Service 866.965.0400

Using BG AND PS combo questions

Colorado_evo

Question

For people who have used both as a combo. I plan on picking both of these up tomorrow while I'm in Denver tomorrow. I want to know about the brilliant glaze, the product description says fills minor imperfections, what is considered minor and also, when stacking paint sealant on top of the brilliant glaze do I have to wait a certain period of time to do so or can i do it immediately? My other question is when layering the product, will I still get the "filling" properties from the BG or will it be effected to any degree by the PS? Thank you in adance.

Edit: I'm new here so I'm not sure if this is in the correct section, I also tried the search feature and came up empty so sorry if this has been asked and answered already. thank you.

Edited by Colorado_evo

1 hour ago, Colorado_evo said:

Well, I ended up getting another applicator, washed, clayed, washed again, brilliant glazed, and then paint sealant. Very pleased with the results. I know it's not as good as if I polished the car, but I'll do that when I get a swirl killer. Its shining better than it was, and it already looked good before, but now it feels like glass.

Come on now, Elias...Pics or it didn't happen!!

So now that I actually took it out I am even more impressed, .....i'm on the way to pick up my wife at the airport  Theres an added depth in the paint that I never knew existed and a gloss I never had.  The paint was shiny before but not like this. And the headlights and tails ate popping now.  The car just looks more high end to me now.  .....i'm hooked

20180716_121207.jpg

20180716_122439.jpg

20180716_121218.jpg

20180716_121441.jpg

20180716_122603.jpg

1 hour ago, falcaineer said:

NIIICCCEEEE! Think it's shiny now? Just wait till you use the HGG. Such a great product...and awesome on white.

Based on eBay prices, may want to hold on to that 4th of July DS for a while! ?

That's why I bought another one. I used alot of my first bottle on the claybar and wish I hadn't. but I was in Denver so I thought why not just buy another bottle. They have about 9 more on the shelf. And If i remember correctly, I should only use the guard and gloss only every couple of weeks right? And from reading the bottle. It looks like a little goes a long way.

7 hours ago, Colorado_evo said:

That's why I bought another one. I used alot of my first bottle on the claybar and wish I hadn't. but I was in Denver so I thought why not just buy another bottle. They have about 9 more on the shelf. And If i remember correctly, I should only use the guard and gloss only every couple of weeks right? And from reading the bottle. It looks like a little goes a long way.

Generally HGG should be used about every 3-4 washes or so. And yes, a little goes a long way. I tend to start on the hood with about several sprays, then as I move around the car, it only needs a couple sprays per panel. You'll likely need to ring the towel out a couple times, too.

8 hours ago, Colorado_evo said:

Next time you are at Adam's pick up the 32 oz dilution bottle, and put the sprayer on your H2O G&G bottle (or pick up a Tolco sprayer).  This sprayer atomizes the G&G much better than the regular spray head, and allows for more even coverage.   

18 minutes ago, mc2hill said:

Next time you are at Adam's pick up the 32 oz dilution bottle, and put the sprayer on your H2O G&G bottle (or pick up a Tolco sprayer).  This sprayer atomizes the G&G much better than the regular spray head, and allows for more even coverage.   

Probably wont be for awhile till I go to Denver again.

Was only there to drop off and pick up my wife from the airport. Denver is an hour away so would be a waste just to go to Adam's polishes to save a little bit of money as I'd spend more in fuel.  But think I'm gonna go next month to pick up the swirl killer. Maybe I'll just hold off on the sprayer bottle till I go for the swirl killer.?

Think I could probably get a really good deal on everything in person. Got about 15 bucks off over what's on the website plus whatever shipping would be on just the detail spray and guard and gloss.

Ok let me first start by saying that if you detail cars for a living - you are a friggin bad *** person!!!  GOOD LAWD!! 

So i started on friday night to detail the new Yukon.  When I layed a ceramic coating on the camaro it took me about 8 hours and that was without a SK.  All by hand.  Nontheless I set out on a friday night in the hot NOLA weather.  It was 5:30 and heat index of 105 but I was in the shade.  Did the following friday night

Foam Wash - (unnecessary I know)

Strip Wash

Iron remover

Clay while wet (holy crap)

Towel dried

Done for the night - took a little over 3  hours

Next day I wanted to get up and get it done before the heat of the day so I was up at 6 and started at 7am

Revive polish (by hand)

Paint sealant

VRT to trim (half assed this step)

Coating prep

Ceramic Liquid Coating

I was done at 2:30.  7.5 plus the 4 hours from friday night.  GOOD GAWD!!! Heat index was at 107 by then.  I was under shade though.  The CC was sticking at certain points but nothing the BG didnt get out.

Next day - the wife layed the CB on the Yukon

Then later in the day I hit it with some BG which made it pop to no end.  (Picture is before the BG)

Needless to say - every part of my body is sore.  Keep in mind I am 55 years old and I run and workout every day but doing this yukon put me on my ***!!  I was in the rack by 8pm that night.

Yukon looks good and glad we got it coated but I may pay a professional next time for this mastodon of a vehicle.  Meanwhile the camaro is begging for a wipe down!!

Thanks all for the great advice and once again to all you MASTER DETAILERS out there - I bow before you!! You are all better people than me!!!

I gotta get that SK man - I have to.

Here's a pic of the yukon - pic doesn't do it justice.

IMG_2974.jpg

Edited by asaintsfan

You might want to contact the folks at Adam's and ask them how to proceed.  I can't imagine there is much value to ceramic coating on top of LPS.  Assuming you are talking about actual ceramic coating and not ceramic wax?

Looks great.  One last thing is that Adams doesnt recommend BG over a CC vehicle. I beleive its either the CPW or CB.  U can use WW or DS too. But any other wax reduces hydrophobic properties according to Adams. 

And i feel u on being wiped..i did 2 corrections on my cars in one day. Could barely hold

my cell phone by days end !!

Looks great though..good luck. 

3 hours ago, asaintsfan said:

sigh..................................................................

The Yukon looks good! I think you will be ok. You did use the coating prep so that may have removed some of the sealant. Worse case is the coating doesn't last as long. I would use the Ceramic Boost at least once a month to add some longevity to the coating.

3 minutes ago, Thorsager said:

The Yukon looks good! I think you will be ok. You did use the coating prep so that may have removed some of the sealant. Worse case is the coating doesn't last as long. I would use the Ceramic Boost at least once a month to add some longevity to the coating.

Thats encouraging. Thanks. I know I see don’t use BG but it really shined it up after everything. Including the CB

4 minutes ago, asaintsfan said:

Thats encouraging. Thanks. I know I see don’t use BG but it really shined it up after everything. Including the CB

One other option you have if you see the coating is failing is to use the Ceramic Paste Wax. It will add protection and gloss.

Ouch. ? While there are likely steps to take and extend the life of what you've done, it's also hard to know if the Ceramic Prep really did remove all of the PS. Similar to real estate, with CC, it's preparation, preparation, preparation. IMO, to get the full life and benefit of the CC, ultimately I think you should bite the bullet sooner than later, polish it all off, and start over. Otherwise adding ceramic paste wax, CB, etc, is really just a band aid. I know it sucks and we feel you on any discouragement, but the CC is an investment (time and money), and you really want to take the proper steps to enjoy the full benefits. My two cents.

1 hour ago, GXPaycheck said:

Or you can think of it as an experiment and see how long it lasts. Leave it be.

I like this suggestion. The wife just got home and I checked the paint again and it really looks good. So we shall see how long it goes. It is a DD but stays in the garage at both work and home. 

Thanks again for all the suggestions. 

3 minutes ago, asaintsfan said:

I like this suggestion. The wife just got home and I checked the paint again and it really looks good. So we shall see how long it goes. It is a DD but stays in the garage at both work and home. 

Thanks again for all the suggestions. 

Be interesting to see the results. If you're maintaining with any other product, might be hard to really know. But it's your call. Good luck!