Customer Service 866.965.0400

VW Stage 2 MK5 on bags...

ObsessedDetailer

• 1 month later...

On 9/24/2018 at 8:50 PM, ObsessedDetailer said:

Definitely! I love cleaning and then taking pictures

:lol: I can relate. My mom asked me to wash her new highlander the other day. Thought she'd never ask. She took it immediately after I finished drying it, never even got to apply all my products I wanted to try out. Oh well she was happy to say the least. 

28 minutes ago, Inspector Gadget said:

:lol: I can relate. My mom asked me to wash her new highlander the other day. Thought she'd never ask. She took it immediately after I finished drying it, never even got to apply all my products I wanted to try out. Oh well she was happy to say the least. 

That’s funny ? my mom askes me to wipe her car down with waterless wash at least once a week now ? now she can help pay for my addiction 

1 hour ago, tlbullet said:

Although not fun in any type of traffic, manual transmissions are the best!! I highly recomended learning how to drive one, then find one to buy! 

Options are becoming more and more limited ..i believe Audi removed all MT.   

I would love to drive one but i dont think my parents would really wanna pay for it when i have a car already. maybe ill find a friend though 

9 hours ago, tlbullet said:

Although not fun in any type of traffic, manual transmissions are the best!! I highly recomended learning how to drive one, then find one to buy! 

Options are becoming more and more limited ..i believe Audi removed all MT.   

I purposely bought my son a manual transmission for his first car, and my younger son will drive the same when he starts driving.

I want them to know how, and I feel like it forces them to be more engaged in driving, therefore less likely to text, etc... and/or become complacent.

Edited by rseward

I think there might be something to that @rseward.

My first vehicle was a manual too.  Mostly because it was a dirt cheap lease.  But I’m so glad it was....I might have never become as appreciative of automobiles as I am.  My dad expected me change my own oil too.  Can’t say I ever did it without his help, though, otherwise I would have never gotten the oil filter off. Still, it was a good experience. 

The first vehicle I drove on a regular basis was a standard pickup with 3 on the column.   After that truck, I got first automatic and then stuck with standards for the next 25 years as much as possible.   My wife and both the girls know how to drive standards and I do believe that it is a good thing for everyone to at least learn.