Customer Service 866.965.0400

Nav/Touchscreen Fingerprint removal

Ledfish

Question

What are y'all using to thoroughly clean your Nav/Touchscreens ? It seems everything I try, I cannot seem to get completely rid of the finger prints in the highly used areas, like the favorite channel buttons along the bottom or the phone disconnect button on my wife's touchscreen.

7 answers to this question

I use Detail Spray (exterior) on Nav. screen.... looks great, & no fingerprints for weeks.  I spray it on a cleaning cloth (not directly on the screen), as Adam suggests in his video at about the 7:10 mark.

Edited by rseward

10 hours ago, Ledfish said:

What are y'all using to thoroughly clean your Nav/Touchscreens ? It seems everything I try, I cannot seem to get completely rid of the finger prints in the highly used areas, like the favorite channel buttons along the bottom or the phone disconnect button on my wife's touchscreen.

I use glass cleaner to clean the screen. For buttons if it is physical buttons I will spray it with APC and use a tooth brush and really scrub. Takes all the grease and grime off them. Did it to my moms car as they were looking shiny and bright when it is supposed to be a matte color black. Looks 10x better. 

Glass Cleaner followed by Brilliant Glaze is what I have found keeps the longest.  I do the Nav screen at the same time I do the inside of the windshield with Brilliant Glaze and it seems to work out well when both need a retouch.  

@Rich I just did my monitors, both 28" 4K, with a Glass Cleaner and then Brilliant Glaze and they seem to have less dust collecting.  It will be about a month before I'll know the full results, but the early results look good.  I did use a single soft on the monitors, just to be extra careful.