Customer Service 866.965.0400

POLL: Machine Polishing vs. Hand Polishing

How do you prefer to apply polish and wax?  

245 members have voted

1. 1. How do you prefer to apply polish and wax?

• Hand with microfiber applicator pad
    • Machine with Gen1 Pad System
    • Machine with Gen2 Pad System

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I use the Machine Polish and Super Wax with the Gen 1 pads, only because I have not ordered the Gen 2 pads yet. My Gen 1 pads are still in great shape, but as I read about the Gen 2's and this poll, it looks like I need to step up.

Still polish and wax by hand. It gives me an opportunity to look over the entire vehicle and check for scratches, etc.

If I'm in a real hurry, I'll break out the PC, but not very often.

:iagree: Me too. There's a certain satisfaction when you step back and admire the hard work of hand polishing/waxing.

I have been an advocate of hand waxing for years but lately the truck seems to be getting bigger and bigger that being said I made the jump to the Porter Cable and the Generation 2 pads and will not return to hand waxing any time soon.

I use a PC for polishing and waxing. I only apply by hand if I am doing a spot for a specific reason. I am still mixing Scratch & Swirl with Revive Polish, and also use Buttery Wax with the Gen 1 pads. I still have a few Gen 1 pads that I have not opened and inventory of Revive and Buttery, so it might be a little while before I change over to Gen 2 and the machine products.

Rich

• 2 weeks later...

brought a porter cable RO a USA extension lead and for here had to buy a voltage converter to bring it up to 240V, total cost abot A$400, never looked back knocked off some machine polish and wax from carlisle last year, system 1 double sided pads still have spares, only way to go.

Send me some system 2 pads and backing plate and I will try them and report back, I am serious

All I know Adam detailed my toy using generation2 pads and it never looked so good. I'm afraid of doing further detailing for fear I might screw it up. Thanx Adam and I'll be back next summer but promise not to set off my alarm.:banana: