Customer Service 866.965.0400

Questions about new wheel/tire cleaner, and eco all purpose cleaner

mjshaw130

Question

Hi guys,

So just curious how is the strength of the new wheel/tire cleaner as one product versus the wheel cleaner and tire cleaner as 2 separate products? Also curious about what the real difference is between the all purpose cleaner and the eco all purpose cleaner. Thanks, Matt

10 answers to this question

I havent used the new wheel/tire cleaner yet but plan on it today. I know its non-acid formula compared to the normal wheel cleaner. I got it because it will do 2 jobs at once, which means it saves time, who doesnt want that!

As for the All Purpose Cleaner compared to Eco APC, its jsut that. The Eco is eco friendly which means its safer to use on delicate things. Normal APC is no joke, and I usually dilute it 50/50 in my IK foamer and it still works great. I dont recommend diluting eco APC.

Below is a pretty cool chart that was put out. I noticed that Adam's is now bottling Wheel & Tire Cleaner in better chemical resistant bottles, different than the normal ones. My Wheel and Tire Cleaner is in the standard bottles and I had a small leak at the bottom of the bottle, due to the strength of the chemical. It's breaking down the plastic. However W&TC is non-acid, so it's safe to use.

wheel chart.JPG

9 minutes ago, mjshaw130 said:

So with that chart then is the new Wheel and Tire Cleaner more powerful than buying the 2 products seperately?

I'd say the Wheel & Tire Cleaner will be a great option, without the need of using two different products. You will love the way it performs!

The wheel cleaner is very powerful that is why if this new product isn't as strong I will stick with the old stuff. I care more about the strength and performance than I care about the number of products it takes.

Edited by mjshaw130

I use Eco Wheel cleaner on about half of the wheels and full strength on the Range Rover, I hate those wheels, and wheels that are older and needs lots of help.   For the high end wheels and ones that I've been treating with Ceramic Boost, the Eco Wheel Cleaner works great and smells so much better.   

It will be interesting to test the new combined product on the Rover and also on some of the ones I've treated.   If the product meets in the middle then I won't need to have three products and can go to one.  Even if it can only replace one of the two, then I'm still ahead on the number of products needed per vehicle. What is most important to me is the outcome, I learned a long time ago that being in a hurry usually slows you down and I'm not doing this as a business trying to make money, where time really does matter.

On 9/24/2019 at 7:13 AM, Devon527 said:

I know its non-acid formula compared to the normal wheel cleaner.

On 9/24/2019 at 11:15 AM, Amiguel6 said:

However W&TC is non-acid, so it's safe to use.

To clarify, "normal"/original WC is a non-acid formula, as well.

On 9/24/2019 at 4:44 PM, mjshaw130 said:

So with that chart then is the new Wheel and Tire Cleaner more powerful than buying the 2 products seperately?

20 hours ago, mjshaw130 said:

The wheel cleaner is very powerful that is why if this new product isn't as strong I will stick with the old stuff

"Strength" isn't really the way to compare as much as purpose. WC is meant to attack and breakdown brake dust, especially on high performance brakes. TRC is meant to clean the tires of blooming and crud, and will leave a nice black finish. W&TC is an all around cleaner meant to clean the entire wheel and tire of anything on there. It will leave wheels clean but the tires potentially a bit grey they're so clean. In other words, tires cleaned with TRC don't necessarily have to be dressed, but you'll want to dress those done with W&TC because everything was stripped.

Here's a video to explain the science behind all of this.

15 hours ago, mjshaw130 said:

Still dont know which way to go haha. Do I keep buying wheel cleaner and tire cleaner separate or buy the new stuff?

Hi Matthew,

What type of wheels you have? As you might have known that Wheel and Tire Cleaners might not be for all.  WTC is a strong chemical it will remove the grime on your tires and wheels. I have a Tahoe with powder coated wheels but didn't spray WTC on them only tire and man it did a great job! I did spray the chemical on my Kawi wheel and tire loved it. 

No clue. I believe they are aluminum. I have a 2016 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Z71, and a 2013 Victory Judge motorcycle. I have been using the regular wheel cleaner and tire and rubber cleaner for awhile now. I just ordered a 16oz. bottle of the new stuff just to see the different before I go and buy a whole gallon.