Customer Service 866.965.0400

shiny vinyl

tyoars

Question

9 answers to this question

7 hours ago, tyoars said:

Ive searched everywhere but cant seem to find what tips and hints i can use to give the black vinyl in my car a shine rather than a matte/dull finish 

Welcome to the forum! make sure to post in the new members section to get a proper welcome!

Shiny Vinyl? Can you post a picture of what you mean? 

Have you tried Matte Detailer?

11 hours ago, falcaineer said:

To give your vinyl a nice shine, Leather Conditioner! It's safe to use not only on leather but also plastic and vinyl. Plus it'll make your car smell like new! Give it a try.

https://adamspolishes.com/products/adam-s-leather-interior-conditioner

Per the description in the link provided:

"Adam's Leather Conditioner properly conditions all leather, vinyl and textured plastic interior surfaces, leaving them soft and supple. The final look has a beautiful   appearance that is satin, never slippery or shiny."

I thought he said he wanted a SHINE?

Edited by SgtLip
Typo

1 hour ago, SgtLip said:

Per the description in the link provided:

"Adam's Leather Conditioner properly conditions all leather, vinyl and textured plastic interior surfaces, leaving them soft and supple. The final look has a beautiful   appearance that is satin, never slippery or shiny."

I thought he said he wanted a SHINE?

Thanks, I think @Rich addressed this pretty well above. Maybe "sheen" should be used vs. "shine," but the Leather Conditioner is still my recommendation.

For reference of the two dressings Adam's offers (not including the protection paste, which I haven't tried yet) that will work on vinyl, here's a pic of the two, side by side. Left is Leather & Interior Dressing, middle is normal daily wear, and right is Leather Conditioner.

IMG_20190601_191723_389.thumb.jpg.c457ddc3f6344bdc5ed4c1590130dccd.jpg