Customer Service 866.965.0400

Ceramic glass coating messed up my window!!!

enoch7fa

Question

I tried ceramic glass coating and it sucks getting it off!!!   my wife car is my ceramic car I use only the ceramic stuff on it, so when the ceramic glass coating came out of course I got it.   I got several a&b packs and a kit.  figured I might be able to sale a few applications to customers.  boy am I glad I did it on my wife's car first.  I watched the video at least 10 times,  I read direction 5 times.  I figured ok got it.  my wife's car is very new but I cleaned the glass anyway ( glass cleaner, plastic razor blade, clay bar that came with kit,  surface prep) then I applied the a and b wipes the way instructions told me.   GETTING THAT STUFF OFF WAS CRAZY!!! AND AFTER A FULL HOUR TRYING TO GET IT OFF IT IS STILL THERE!!!  I used up all the glass cleaner it came with , used up a forth of a aerosol can and then I got another stronger glass cleaner from another detail product maker I had and I cant get this stuff off.   I usually drive my wife's car to church and get customers looking at it but this time I am parking in the back, way in the back.    Trying to remove the haze is almost impossible.  I have to get up in the mourning and try again.  I live in California maybe someone from the Anaheim store can bring a blow torch and help out.  This product is not ready for release I dont care what anyone says.  I have wasted my time and money after all the rubbing I have done and still have to do there want be any rain repellency left.  the boys in the lab have let me down this time big time.  someone should have said the removal was this tough I really done know if I can get all the product off without removing the effect sheesh there needs to be a recall on this junk!!!  I am pretty mad.  I say pull this from selling till it is perfected.  go ahead delete my post I know you will and let others walk right into this. 

Edited by enoch7fa

Oh when I say getting this stuff off I mean the haze and residue after you apply the A & B liquids.  how can you help me? tell me how to get it off the windshield!  I cant!  I am going to try tomorrow again.  I have tried a dry towel,  whole bottle of adams  glass cleaner, 1/4 can of aerosol glass cleaner, lot of the angel wax vision glass cleaner which is a stronger cleaner I dont know what else to do!! going to try a surface prep tomorrow if that fails I will try citro 266 if I can find it.  boy what a waste of time. please adams pull this till it if perfected 

Edited by enoch7fa

You can try brilliant glaze to level it out. It has that effect with with normal ceramic coatings. I have applied the ceramic glass coating to 2 windshields and had no issues. I cleaned and clayed the glass then applied part A on both sides in a cross hatch pattern then immediately applied part B to both sides in a cross hatch pattern. After hazing for a minute or two, I buffed it off with the green glass towel and a few spritzes of glass cleaner. In certain light, I can see a little bit of clouding but it doesn't affect visibility. The clarity of my windshield with the ceramic on the outside and brilliant glaze on the inside is crazy. 

What might have went wrong with yours? Was the windshield in the sun? Could it have been left to set up too long? I have seen a few complaints with the coating but I haven't experience any of the issues that others have mentioned. 

I think this is fair to post since Adam’s doesn’t make a glass polish. 

OP, you need to polish that off using a product like Carpro Ceriglass and a Rayon pad. It will remove the coating completely. 

Someone from Adam’s will need to chime in and explain this one. 

Since it's a coating and it has now cured, Glass Cleaner, Surface/Coating Prep, and degreasers aren't going to remove it. But there is a simple step you can take. Ceramic Spray Coating. Apply right overtop to even out, and buff away residue as normal. 

To figure out what happened and help prevent others from the same issues, I have similar questions as above. Under what sort of conditions did you apply it? How long did you wait between Part A and B (30 seconds, couple minutes, five minutes?)?

well because I didn't want any sun issues I applied it in the evenings after 4pm and since it is no longer daylight savings time sun was going down.  after I applied part a I went immediately to part b like instructions said.   started removing residue.  after trying a dry towel I got glass cleaner and I couldn't  get it to budge that's when I knew I had a problem.  I tried every thing as I said in initial post.  I will try spray coating after I get home from church.  I think there needs to be in the instructions or on website any problems people my have with this product.  like I said I am pretty mad right now still was hoping to get it right to add it to my customers as a step down from a 3 year glass coating I do.  plus bragged to wife how I was going to hook up her ceramic car and have complete ceramic everything on out side.  

2 hours ago, enoch7fa said:

well because I didn't want any sun issues I applied it in the evenings after 4pm and since it is no longer daylight savings time sun was going down.  after I applied part a I went immediately to part b like instructions said.   started removing residue.  after trying a dry towel I got glass cleaner and I couldn't  get it to budge that's when I knew I had a problem.  I tried every thing as I said in initial post.  I will try spray coating after I get home from church.  I think there needs to be in the instructions or on website any problems people my have with this product.  like I said I am pretty mad right now still was hoping to get it right to add it to my customers as a step down from a 3 year glass coating I do.  plus bragged to wife how I was going to hook up her ceramic car and have complete ceramic everything on out side.  

2 hours ago, enoch7fa said:

oh one problem I did have.  after applying to driver side with part a I went over to passenger side and there was hardly any product left same with b

Hmm. One wipe of each should be plenty for an entire windshield, so I'm going to speculate, nothing personal...I wonder if you applied too much on the one side, leading to taking too long and it starting to cure (it starts to cure VERY quickly), and by the time you got to the other side, it was already too late. Then you may have tried to recover with Part B, again applying too much, and so on. Again, I wasn't there, but Part A does start to cure quickly, so the sooner you apply Part B the better. Perhaps applying in halves of the windshield vs. switching sides would work better? Once B is on, then GC can be used at any point.

Any luck with any option above?

11 hours ago, falcaineer said:

Hmm. One wipe of each should be plenty for an entire windshield, so I'm going to speculate, nothing personal...I wonder if you applied too much on the one side, leading to taking too long and it starting to cure (it starts to cure VERY quickly), and by the time you got to the other side, it was already too late. Then you may have tried to recover with Part B, again applying too much, and so on. Again, I wasn't there, but Part A does start to cure quickly, so the sooner you apply Part B the better. Perhaps applying in halves of the windshield vs. switching sides would work better? Once B is on, then GC can be used at any point.

Any luck with any option above?

I’ve applied this to 2 separate vehicles, including one of my own. I’ve followed every direction and watched the video countless times. Both windows are very hazed up. Nothing has worked getting this off. I also tried the half application method - same result. I agree that these wipes need to be pulled until perfected. It shouldn’t be required or necessary that you must use BG, CSC, or FP to level it out. It should work perfectly the 1st time. I applied both in my garage in about 72 degree temperature. Can this be escalated to someone at HQ? I’ve seen numerous issues all over social media and the forums with these wipes. Please do something about it to prevent future issues for users.

4 hours ago, Amiguel6 said:

I’ve applied this to 2 separate vehicles, including one of my own. I’ve followed every direction and watched the video countless times. Both windows are very hazed up. Nothing has worked getting this off. I also tried the half application method - same result. I agree that these wipes need to be pulled until perfected. It shouldn’t be required or necessary that you must use BG, CSC, or FP to level it out. It should work perfectly the 1st time. I applied both in my garage in about 72 degree temperature. Can this be escalated to someone at HQ? I’ve seen numerous issues all over social media and the forums with these wipes. Please do something about it to prevent future issues for users.

Yes, I will bring this up to them at the HQ. Thanks for the additional info on conditions, etc. I apologize for the issues you've experienced.

3 hours ago, falcaineer said:

Yes, I will bring this up to them at the HQ. Thanks for the additional info on conditions, etc. I apologize for the issues you've experienced.

I appreciate you doing that! 

There is no possible factor that could have made a difference in my application.

Your issue was brought up before:

The first vehicle I applied it to acted exactly as you stated, and I too followed the instructions exactly. I applied it to a second vehicle this past weekend and used an Edgeless Utility Towel to remove the residue, I had no streaks this time. There was a slight haze that appeared and was easily removed with a Single Soft Microfiber Towel. The relative humidity on my second try was down to just below 50%. 

no real update yet.  I am waiting to see any advice adams can give me.  starting to think I am being ignored.  every so often go grab a towel and go out side and rub on a spot on my wife's windshield in one spot for about  5 or 6 minutes to get the ceramic glass sealant off.  I have come to realize even if I get all the high spots off the glass is still very foggy.  the only thing I can do now is get some good glass polish grab my DA and do some glass polishing.  really let down by this and I see no announcement from adam about this issue I see other having.  not feeling real good about  adams right now if they dont start warning people and pulling this product until it is improved they are just hopping to take peoples money.  sorry but that is how I see it.

Adam's did answer in the thread I attached. Dan answered and works for Adam's and is an Administrator to this forum. I too do part time work for Adam running the Carlisle, PA Events for him as well as beta testing products. My subsequent use of the Edgeless Utility Towel to remove Part B streaks was at the recommendation of Adam's, as well as being told my application that streaked could have been due to elevated relative humidity.  If you need more you're going to have to call them and not wait on a response here...

I'm curious if this is what you are seeing Cedric with the Ceramic Glass Coating... I've noticed a lot of haze and spots in the glass when in bright sunlight.  I tried to capture a picture on the iPhone - but it doesn't do justification for the entire front windshield.  I plan to clean the SUV and CSC again to see if this resolves the issue.

Response from Adam’s Customer Service...

There are a few things that could be happening here, That residue you see could be either a high spot or just smudges from removal. The best way I have found to get those off is our brilliant glaze. If you do not have that product try going over it once with the ceramic spray coating! 

Odd this would not be covered in the video or instructions.  I know this can be a great product however further testing and documentation is needed.

Adams Ceramic Glass Coating.jpeg

Edited by jeverton
Updates

5 hours ago, BRZN said:

Adam's did answer in the thread I attached. Dan answered and works for Adam's and is an Administrator to this forum. I too do part time work for Adam running the Carlisle, PA Events for him as well as beta testing products. My subsequent use of the Edgeless Utility Towel to remove Part B streaks was at the recommendation of Adam's, as well as being told my application that streaked could have been due to elevated relative humidity.  If you need more you're going to have to call them and not wait on a response here...

You're right. Dan from Adam's did reply, but like I said before; It shouldn’t be required or necessary that you must use BG, CSC, or FP to level it out. It should work perfectly the 1st time.  I see your application could have been streaked up due to humidity. However, I live in N. California (No Humidity) and the same issue occurred. These need to be pulled until a solution can be provided. If a utility towel was recommended by Adam's why is it not included in the kit? If they knew there was potential for application issues, they should have never released it. Adam's says they do rigorous in-house testing for a minimum of 3 months before a product is released...did no one witness any streaking or hazing in those months of testing?? What about their beta testers around the world? You can't tell me that they didn't see any hazing or streaking during their testing. Weather does play a factor in ceramic applications, however it's clear that you (on the east coast) and me (on the west coast) had the same exact issue. So what is the excuse now since weather has been ruled out? It was pushed to the market when it shouldn't have been. It's going to be a great product once its perfected. Until then, do not spend your hard earned money on it..

yo everyone!  I did call adams and talked to one of the guys, cant remember his name.   when I asked was he aware of my post he actually said yes, I was surprised even though I was trying to get some attention to this problem.  I am not here to just bash adams on this I was just so disappointed cause I wanted this to work good and I also do not want anyone else to go through a bad product or a application process that needs to be better.  anyway, we talk about it and instead of  telling me about remedies that may or may not work he said there has been a lot of serious discussions on application and they are going more than likely update the video and instructions on the ceramic glass sealant.   I do not want to say here what they are going to change bout the application because they are still discussing it.  I just urged him to let them know to do it quick so others do not go through this since right not it is not a easy fix, my glass is still messed up.  so thanks adams for listening and I await what you officially have to say on this subject.  until then I will not use this product on my cars or customers. 

8 hours ago, ArcticBlueSS said:

I know this is an old thread but I have the same issue. I have tried BG, as recommended when I called in, with no luck.

Is there a solution? TIA

Try some other steps above like Ceramic Spray Coating to quickly rehydrate and wipe away, or Polish and white foam pad, maybe blue foam, by hand. You may have to resort to polishing with a machine, then switch to (Graphene) Ceramic Spray Coating for your glass; don't forget to coat the wiper blades, too.

Had the same issue with the ceramic completely hazing my windows of my Tesla. Tried a few products with no luck. After reading the comments, on a whim I applied some Meguire's Plastx I had left over from an old headlight restore. Worked like a charm. I used the padded applicator that connects to my drill and it took it all off with little effort. Hope this helps because I was going crazy!