Customer Service 866.965.0400

Liquid Paint Sealant Prep

QuickSilver20

Question

I’ve been using Adams products for a little over a year and started off with the buttery wax as my primary protection along with some of the maintenance products (spray way, detail spray, etc).  

ideally I would like more protection and was considering the LPS but the one thing that scares me is how it states it will stain trim.  When others use this do you normally go through the trouble of taping off the trim? Or just avoid it and wipe off immediately if you accidentally get some on trim. If some were to get on trim how difficult would it be to remove?

also I was planning on polishing the car with revive hand polish since I don’t have a polisher yet. From what I’ve read this is a chemical polish and doesn’t have abrasive material that would cause any scratches or marring. Is that correct? And has anyone ever done their entire car with Revive hand polish? If so what were the results. 

5 answers to this question

I have not used it in so long but simply avoid coming close to the trim.  I have never taped off trim when applying any protection products in over 20 years of doing this.  With regards to hand polishing get those shoulders stretched out and prepare for them to be sore.  There is no substitute for a machine.  

I use it and apply it by machine. 
I avoid the trim as it does stain. I did get some on one of my handles. I cleaned it the best I could but it still showed a white chalky look. 
I do my best to avoid the trim, but it’s my daily driver, not a show truck, it has imperfections, I treat the trim prior to applying paint sealant, which helps. But it’s inevitable that I get sloppy at one point and get a tiny bit on the trim. 

I also do what I can to avoid the trim, but I do use Revive Hand Polish on a regular basis for golf carts and other small vehicles and equipment.  As Gus pointed out, there is no substitute for a machine, but there are times where going by hand is still necessary.

16 hours ago, Firebuff17 said:

I avoid the trim as it does stain. I did get some on one of my handles. I cleaned it the best I could but it still showed a white chalky look. 
I do my best to avoid the trim, but it’s my daily driver, not a show truck, it has imperfections, I treat the trim prior to applying paint sealant, which helps. But it’s inevitable that I get sloppy at one point and get a tiny bit on the trim. 

Use some TRC and an Edgeless Utility Towel and it'll clean right up.