Customer Service 866.965.0400

Leather seating.

Mantis

Question

Hello everyone, 

As most of us know Modern leather and even most older leather seating is coating . But the older stuff especially if it sit s int he sun dries out and cracks.

I was looking on the website and I noticed that the leather conditioner I use to buy isn't there anymore. There is an oil which different and that's it.

So thinking about leather seating in general, do you really need a conditioner? Does that do anything other then smell good or make the seats slightly slippery?

I'm at odds with leather seating on what to do with them anymore.

4 answers to this question

With modern leather I absolutely find the Leather Conditioner to make a difference, adding protection and a nice look, and making it feel more supple despite the coating. Use it on the dash, door panels, etc, too, not just leather.

The Leather Conditioner is actually still available, it's been updated to a sprayable form. Personally, I love it and find it works well when compared to the original cream form. There is also a Leather and Interior Dressing that leaves a matte finish and no smell. Here's a link to each.

https://adamspolishes.com/collections/leather-conditioners-pastes-balms-revitalizers/products/adam-s-leather-interior-conditioner

https://adamspolishes.com/collections/leather-conditioners-pastes-balms-revitalizers/products/adams-leather-interior-dressing

I use Leather Condition on all my vehicles the same Chris as does, seats, door panels, dash, center console, etc..  While the Spray does seem to work as well as the paste form, I prefer to use the paste with the Premium Interior Dressing Applicators.

YES!  You absolutely need a condtioner.  Or at the very least saddle soap and saddle treatment.  I've used NOTHING except Adam's Leather Conditioner on all my cars with leather interiors for over 20 years.  I use it on the dash too to keep that from drying out, because Corvette's are notorious for the glue drying out and coming loose.  My cars all still look nearly showroom new when I trade them in .  Like I said, not just for seats.  Dash, doors, shift boot, steering wheel,  pretty much anywhere except glass and chrome.  Be aware that if you use any kind of cleaner on your areas, then you positively have to follow up with a leather conditioner, because cleaners dry surfaces out.  

There are two sides of the coin so to speak when it comes to where or not a conditioner is needed.  From a brand such as colourlock, new cars up to 3 years only need a protectant (leather sealant) and after 3 years they recommend a "conditioner".  This is from an actual company that deal with leather.